D.C. United Come from Behind to Beat Chicago 2-1 at Audi Field
D.C. United 2 (11-11-8, 41 points) v. Chicago Fire 1 (8-17-7, 31 points)
2018 MLS Regular Season
October 7, 2018 - Audi Field, Washington, DC
United defender Nick DeLeon made his first appearance since returning from injury as an 87th-minute substitute; it was DeLeon's first appearance since starting in the 1-1 draw against LAFC on May 26.
United captain Wayne Rooney scored his third brace of the season when he scored in the 62nd and 81st minutes.
Rooney's third brace tied him with Atlanta's Josef Martinez for the most in MLS this season.
Rooney's goals brought United's goal total to 56 in the 2018 campaign; it is highest scoring total since 2007 when the Black-and-Red scored 57.
United are 23-20-15 against Chicago all-time.
The Black-and-Red are 16-9-5 at home against the Fire all time.
United welcomed the Fire to Audi Field for the first time in fixture history.
The Black-and-Red are 10-2-2 at home this season.
United are 9-2-1 at Audi Field since opening the venue on July 14.
The win extended United's point streak to six games; it is the Black-and-Red's longest point streak of the season and their longest since 2016.
United are 5-0-1 when Rooney scores a goal.
D.C. United lineup:
Bill Hamid; Paul Arriola, Frédéric Billant, Steven Birnbaum, Joseph Mora; Júnior Moreno, Russell Canouse; Ulises Segura (Zoltán Stieber 62'), Luciano Acosta (Chris Durkin 90'), Yamil Asad (Nick DeLeon 87'); Wayne Rooney
Unused Substitutes: Travis Worra, Kevin Ellis, Jalen Robinson, Darren Mattocks
Chicago Fire lineup:
Stefan Cleveland; Jorge Corrales, Johan Kappelhof, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Brandon Vincent; Dax McCarty, Brandt Bronico; Alexsandar Katai, Djordje Mihailovic (Michael de Leeuw HT), Raheem Edwards (Nicolas Hasler 77'); Nemanja Nikolic (Yura Movsisyan 72')
Unused Substitutes: Richard Sánchez, Jonathan Campbell, Daniel Johnson, Alan Gordon
Referee: Ismail Elfath
Assistant Referees: Eduardo Mariscal, Corey Parker
Fourth Official: Fotis Bazakos
VAR: Mark Geiger
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 7, 2018
- D.C. United Come from Behind to Beat Chicago 2-1 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Fall 2-1 to D.C. United at Audi Field - Chicago Fire
- Wondolowski Scores 144th Career Goal in Loss to New York Red Bulls - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Record 4-1 Road Win over Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Loses at FC Dallas - Orlando City SC
- Red Bulls Defeat San Jose, Earn 20th Win of the Season - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Seals Playoff Berth in 1-1 Tie with LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Ends 14-Match Home Unbeaten Streak in 4-1 Loss to Portland - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Defeats Orlando City SC 2-0 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Defeats Colorado Rapids 3-0 Clinching Club's First Ever Playoff Berth - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union 5, Minnesota United FC 1 - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Sporting KC 1 - Saturday, October 6, 2018 - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Falls 5-1 to Union - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Colorado Rapids 3-2 on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Complimentary FloFC Subscriptions for Black-And-Red Fans in April