LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Sporting KC 1 - Saturday, October 6, 2018
LA Galaxy 1, Sporting KC 1
Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018 - 5:30 p.m. PT
2018 MLS Regular Season
Children's Mercy Park - Kansas City, Kansas
LA - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PK) 25'
SKC - Johnny Russell (Assisted by Graham Zusi) 74'
SKC- Seth Sinovic (caution) 34'
SKC - Johnny Russell (caution) 49'
SKC - Ilie Sánchez (caution) 49'
SKC - Dániel Sallói (caution) 50'
LA - David Bingham (caution) 89'
SKC - Diego Rubio (caution) 90'+7'
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Sheannon Williams (Jorgen Skjelvik 74'), Daniel Steres, Dave Romney, Ashley Cole ©; Emmanuel Boateng, Sebastian Lletget, Jonathan dos Santos (Servando Carrasco 90'); Romain Alessandrini (Perry Kitchen 85'); Ola Kamara, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Substitutions not used: Justin Vom Steeg, Baggio Husidic, Ariel Lassiter, Tomas Hilliard-Arce.
TOTAL SHOTS: 8; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 6; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 8.
Sporting KC: Tim Melia; Graham Zusi, Seth Sinovic (Yohan Croizet 85'), Matt Besler ©, Ike Opara; Felipe Gutierrez, Roger Espinoza, Ilie Sanchez; Daniel Salloi (Gerso Fernandes 66'), Johnny Russell, Diego Rubio.
Substitutes not used: Krisztian Nemeth, Andreu Fontas, Eric Dick, Jaylin Lindsey, Gianluca Busio.
TOTAL SHOTS: 34; SHOTS ON GOAL: 9; FOULS: 6; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 11; SAVES: 2.
Referee: Jair Marrufo
Assistant Referees: Jose Da Silva, Adam Garner
4th Official: Sorin Stoica
VAR: Caleb Mendez
In their 32nd match of the 2018 MLS Regular Season, the LA Galaxy (12-11-9, 45 points) drew 1-1 with Sporting KC (15-8-8, 53 points) on Saturday night at Children's Mercy Park.
With the result, the Galaxy are now 12-11-9 on the season with 45 points, 61 goals scored and 60 goals allowed.
With two games remaining in the 2018 MLS Regular Season, the Galaxy are in seventh place in the MLS Western Conference standings.
David Bingham tied his career high with eight saves against Sporting KC.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored his 21st goal in his 22nd start for the LA Galaxy. He has 21 goals and nine assists on the year.
In his fourth game as Interim Head Coach, Dominic Kinnear was forced to make one change to the lineup that earned consecutive 3-0 victories at home against Seattle Sounders FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Sheanon Williams took the field for Rolf Feltscher, who was suspended from the match against KC for yellow card suspension.
In the last three matches, the Galaxy defense has allowed only one goal.
This year on the road, the Galaxy are now 4-7-5.
Galaxy are now 24-23-15 against Sporting KC all-time, and are 0-4-4 against them at Children's Mercy Park.
Tonight's meeting marked the second of the season between the two teams, with Sporting KC winning the first contest by a score of 2-0 on April 8 at StubHub Center.
The Galaxy hasn't beaten Sporting KC since 2015 (2-1 win on April 18, 2015 at StubHub Center).
The Galaxy hadn't won in Kansas City since Sept. 27, 2007 at Arrowhead Stadium.
The Galaxy are now 5-1-6 when leading at halftime and 8-2-7 when scoring the first goal of the match.
They are 4-8-1 when trailing at half and 4-9-1 when conceding first this year..
With 60 goals, the Galaxy are the second-highest scoring team in the Western Conference.
LA Galaxy Interim Head Coach Dominic Kinnear is now 168-136-135 during his 15-year coaching career in Major League Soccer.
LA Galaxy now enter an international FIFA break following this weekend's matchup.
LA Galaxy will finish the regular season on the road to Minnesota United FC on Oct. 21 followed by a home finale against Houston Dynamo on Oct. 29.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 7, 2018
- D.C. United Come from Behind to Beat Chicago 2-1 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Fall 2-1 to D.C. United at Audi Field - Chicago Fire
- Wondolowski Scores 144th Career Goal in Loss to New York Red Bulls - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Record 4-1 Road Win over Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Loses at FC Dallas - Orlando City SC
- Red Bulls Defeat San Jose, Earn 20th Win of the Season - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Seals Playoff Berth in 1-1 Tie with LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Ends 14-Match Home Unbeaten Streak in 4-1 Loss to Portland - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Defeats Orlando City SC 2-0 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Defeats Colorado Rapids 3-0 Clinching Club's First Ever Playoff Berth - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union 5, Minnesota United FC 1 - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Sporting KC 1 - Saturday, October 6, 2018 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- MNUFC Falls 5-1 to Union - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.