Cyclones Welcome Condors, Walleye This Week
The Cyclones will play a pair of home games this week at U.S. Bank Arena, beginning tomorrow night against the Bakersfield Condors on a Big Beer Tuesday.
THIS PAST WEEKEND:
About Sunday Afternoon in Toledo: The Cyclones scored three unanswered goals, including two in the third period, to defeat the Walleye by a 3-2 score at the Huntington Center. Dustin Sproat netted the game-winning tally while Marc Cheverie turned aside 42 saves to earn the Cyclones fourth come-from-behind win this season.
About Saturday Night vs. Florida: Rookie Alex Hutchings registered a hat trick and finished with four points to help lift the Everblades to a 5-3 victory over the Cyclones at U.S. Bank Arena. Cincinnati found some offense from Christiaan Minella, Brett Robinson and Mathieu Aubin. Marc Cheverie turned aside 23 shots in a losing effort for the âClones.
About Friday Night vs. Florida: Rookie Mike McKenzie potted a pair of goals as his Everblades doubled up the Cyclones by a 4-2 final in front of 3,510 at U.S.
Bank Arena. Florida goaltender Bobby Goepfert turned aside 34 Cyclones shots to earn the win. Dustin Sproat and Scott Reynolds each scored the goals for Cincinnati.
WEST SIDE STORY: Cincinnati has enjoyed some success against the Western Conference over the years. Since the 2006-07 season, they have accumulated a 5-3 record against teams from the "left coast" including a 1-0 record against Bakersfield. They last met the Condors in March of 2008 when the Cyclones won 7-2. It will be the first time since Cincinnati resumed ECHL operation that a Western Conference team makes a visit to U.S. Bank Arena for a regular season game.
THE SHOOTING GALLERY: Cyclones goaltender Marc Cheverie has been a busy man between the pipes. He ranks second in the ECHL with 7 wins while his 448 saves are second most among all ECHL goaltenders this season. Only Ontario's Kellen Briggs has more stops this year.
NEARING ANOTHER RECORD: Scott Reynolds is very close to climbing up another spot on the franchise assist leaderboard. Reynolds needs just one helper to tie David Desharnais for fourth-most all-time.
Tuesday, Dec 7 - 7:30pm: Big Beer Tuesday - $2 24-ounce Molson and Labatt Blue
Friday, Dec 10 - 7:30pm: Santa Bobblehead Night: First 2,500 fans get a Santa Cyclones Bobblehead courtesy of Beacon Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. $1 City BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2010
- K-Wings Defeat South Carolina 7-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Topple Stingrays 7-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Reign Holiday Ticket Plans on Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Weekly Dec. 6-12 - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Condors in the Community: Evan Stoflet and Brendan Milnamow To Volunteer - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Acquire Igor Gongalsky to Complete Earlier Trade - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Everblades Extend Winning Streak To Six Games - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Acquire D-Man Jeff Caister - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Road Warriors Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Head Back to California; Home December 15 for Five-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Return Home this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Square off Against Wings Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- A Week Of Giving At First Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Trade Caister to Victoria - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Welcome Condors, Walleye This Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Neuvirth Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumns of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Today - December 6 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.