Cyclones Sign Cullen Eddy To ECHL Tryout Agreement
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators, announced this afternoon they have signed defenseman Cullen Eddy to an ECHL tryout agreement. Eddy will be available to play tonight when the Cyclones host Johnstown at 7:30pm.
Eddy, 21, finished his collegiate career at Mercyhurst College last week. A four-year letterwinner at Mercyhurst, he appeared in 144 career games with nine goals and 40 assists for 49 points and 322 penalty minutes. Cullen helped steer the school to a 15-20-3 record this season and a fourth place finish (of ten teams) in Atlantic Hockey. He had a pair of assists in an 8-2 win over American International on November 27.
The six-foot-one, 205 pound native of Hidden Valley, PA, was a part of two squads that advanced to the Atlantic Hockey championship game. Eddy was named to the Atlantic Hockey All-Freshman team and was invited to participate in the Columbus Bluejackets development camp during July 2008. During his collegiate career, Cullen played with Cyclones players Jamie Coghlan, Matt Pierce and Brett Robinson at Mercyhurst.
In other Cyclones news, defenseman Reid Cashman has been reassigned to the club by the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL). Cashman, has appeared in twelve games with Cincinnati this season and has a goal and twelve assists for 13 points. In 30 games of action with Milwaukee, Reid has four goals and seven assists for eleven points.
The Kelly Cup Playoffs are coming! Tickets for the 2010 Cincinnati Cyclones postseason will soon be on sale. The Cyclones Sales Department can be reached at 513-421-PUCK, extension 3. Selected Friday night games are carried on 1530-AM Homer, while all 72 regular season games can be heard on the club's website at: www.cycloneshockey.com. The next game on ESPN 1530 will come Friday, April 2, when the Cyclones host Johnstown at 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 18, 2010
- Chiefs Swept Up By Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Cyclones Secure Kelly Cup Playoff Berth For Fourth Straight Year - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Manhandle Johnstown, 7-1, Advance To Playoffs - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Condors Add F Cameron Watson - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Charlotte Hockey Hall Of Fame 2010 Class Announced - Charlotte Checkers
- K-Wings' Bezeau Released - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Freeze Season Ticket Prices - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Sign Cullen Eddy To ECHL Tryout Agreement - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wranglers Announce Season Ticket Prices Slashed For 2010-11 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Taylor Returns From Syracuse - Atlanta Gladiators
- Alex Berry Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Sign Michigan Tech Defenseman - Atlanta Gladiators
- Newest "Pow Wow" Episode Is Now Online - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators Playoff March Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.