Cristian Arango Hat Trick Leads LAFC Past Dallas
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) came from behind to defeat F.C. Dallas 3-2 on Wednesday night in Frisco, Tx. Cristian Arango became just the fourth player in LAFC history to record a hat trick, putting in the game-winning goal in the 79th minute. The Black & Gold is now 11-12-7 (W-L-T) for 40 points and remains in thick of the Western Conference playoff race.
FC Dallas scored first when Ryan Hollingshead got on the board in the 10th minute. After Raheem Edwards drew a penalty in the box, Arango tied things up with a penalty kick in the 33rd minute. Dallas would take a 2-1 lead on a Franco Jara goal just moments before halftime, setting the stage for Arango's late heroics as he scored in the 75th minute to tie the match and then four minutes later to give LAFC the lead for good.
Arango has now scored 11 goals in 13 MLS matches since joining the team on Aug. 2.
LAFC returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 23 when they travel to Minnesota to take on Minnesota United at 5:00 p.m. PT in a key match-up. The game will be broadcast on My13 KCOP, Estrella TV, 1110 AM ESPN and 980 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 21, 2021
- Nashville SC Watch Party and Gibson Guitar Riff off at Hard Rock Cafe on Saturday - Nashville SC
- Know Your Opponent: Rapids Look Ahead to Portland, Another Chance to Clinch Spot in Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- SEA 2026 Announces Executive Committee and Launches New Platform in Advance of FIFA's Official Visit on October 31 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 31 - MLS
- Rapids Defender Danny Wilson Named to MLS Team of the Week Bench - Colorado Rapids
- Kikanovic, Nathan Selected to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Christian Makoun Named to MLS Team of the WeekÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Five Points: Sweet SpotÃÂ - New York City FC
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: October 21, 2021 - New England Revolution
- CF Montréal Exercises Permanent Transfer Option for Joaquín Torres - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United and Audi Continue Shared Commitment to Sustainability with First-Of-Its-Kind Theme Match at Audi Field on October 27 - D.C. United
- Austin FC Falls 4-0 to San Jose Earthquakes - Austin FC
- Wondolowski scores 169th MLS goal in Dominating Win - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Fall to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3-2 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- 'Caps jump into a playoff spot with come-from-behind victory in Portland - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Clinches Top-Four Seed in Western Conference with Road Point in Colorado - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Earn 3-0 Shutout Road Win over Houston Dynamo FC at PNC Stadium on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Draw 1-1 against Seattle to Extend Home Unbeaten Streak - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Maintains League's Longest Home Unbeaten Streak, Remains Second in Eastern Conference - Nashville SC
- Cristian Arango Hat Trick Leads LAFC Past Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 3-0 - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Alan 'Savvy Panda' Vu as eMLS Athlete for 2022 Season
- LAFC Forward Cristian Arango Named MLS Newcomer of the Year
- Los Angeles Officially Welcomes FIFA Delegation in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™
- El Salvador, Chile Men's National Teams to Meet at Banc of California Stadium December 11
- LAFC and Bob Bradley Mutually Agree to Part Ways