Nashville SC Maintains League's Longest Home Unbeaten Streak, Remains Second in Eastern Conference
NASHVILLE, Tenn.Â -Â Nashville Soccer Club earned a 1-1 draw against Columbus Crew on Wednesday night to extend its overall home unbeaten streak to 17 matches dating back to last year. MVP candidate Hany Mukhtar secured the equalizing goal for Nashville in the 77thÂ minute of the match.Â
Mukhtar for MVP:Â MVP candidate Hany Mukhtar continues his stellar form off the back of a late-game equalizing goal for Nashville SC. Mukhtar ranks in the top five among all MLS players in goals (14), shots (84) and shots on target (39), and leads Nashville SC in these respective categories. Mukhtar is tied for second in MLS in combined goals and assists with 23. He has been selected to MLS Team of the Week five times this season, the most of any Nashville SC player.
No Defeats in Nissan:Â Nashville SC still owns the longest active home unbeaten streak in MLS after tonight's result. The result against Columbus Crew brings Nashville SC up to 17 matches undefeated at home, dating back to Nov. 4, 2020. The Boys in Gold own a record of 8W-0L-8D at home this season, and an all-time MLS record of 13W-2L-13D at home. The Boys in Gold are chasing an unbeaten home season and would become the seventh team in the history of the league to do so; six teams in MLS history have made it through an entire season without a loss at home, the last being the Philadelphia Union in 2020.
Push for the Playoffs:Â Nashville SC currently sits at second place in the Eastern Conference with 49 points. Nashville's three losses are the fewest in all of MLS. The Boys in Gold have scored 47 goals this season, the third most in the Eastern Conference, and allowed only 27 goals this season, the fewest in the Eastern Conference. Nashville SC travels this weekend to face third-place Philadelphia Union, sitting just three points below Nashville with 46 points in 30 matches played.Â
Nashville SC will travel to face the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, Oct. 23 at 6:30 p.m. CT at Subaru Park.Â Fans can follow all of the action by tuning in to MyTV30, as well as ESPN 94.9 (English radio) or El Jefe 96.7 (Spanish radio).
CLB 75': Pedro Santos and Miguel Berry connect to deliver the ball to Lucas Zelarayán, who
slots the ball into the lower left corner of the net
NSH 77': Daniel Ríos and Aké Loba bring the ball into the box and connect with Hany Mukhtar, who then touches the ball around a Columbus defender and past the goalkeeper to find the back of the net
Nashville SC owns an all-time home record of 13W-2L-13D
Nashville SC owns the longest active home unbeaten streak in MLS
Nashville SC has earned 12 road points since Aug. 28Â
Hany Mukhtar and CJ Sapong both have hit the double-digit mark in goals recorded this season, with 14 and 10 respectively
Hany Mukhtar and Luke Haakenson will be suspended from the upcoming match against Philadelphia Union due to yellow card accumulation
Dax McCarty surpassed 33,000 minutes played in his MLS career after his 90 minute shift tonightÂ
Walker Zimmerman led Nashville SC's defense with six clearances and one blockÂ
Aké Loba recorded his first career MLS assist tonightÂ
Joe Willis still leads MLS in clean sheets with 13
Dave Romney remains the only Nashville SC outfield player to play all 2,700 minutes this season and all 5,010 minutes in Nashville SC's history
Nashville SCÂ 11W-3L-16D vs.Â Columbus Crew 10W-12L-8D
October 20, 2021 - Nissan Stadium
CLB: Lucas Zelarayán 75'
NSH: Hany Mukhtar 77'
CLB: Darlington Nagbe (caution) 71'
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (caution) 90'
NSH: Luke Haakenson (caution) 90+4'
NSH: Joe Willis; Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Alistair Johnston, Taylor Washington (Luke Haakenson 84'), Walker Zimmerman; Dax McCarty (C), Hany Mukhtar), Aníbal Godoy (Brian Anunga 84'), Randall Leal (Aké Loba 68'), CJ Sapong (Daniel Ríos 68')
Unused Substitutes: Jalil Anibaba, Eric Miller, Alex Muyl, Bryan Meredith Jhonder Cádiz
CLB: Eloy Room; Josh Williams, Jonathan Mensah (C), Waylon Francis, Steven Moreria, Darlington Nagbe (Vito Wormgoor 90+5'), Pedro Santos, Lucas Zelarayán, Liam Fraser (Marlon Hairston 73'), Derrick Etienne Jr. (Milton Valenzuela 89'), Gyasi Zardes (Miguel Berry 46')
Unused Substitutes: Alexandru Matan, Evan Bush, Harrison Afful, Aboubacar Keita, Bradley Wright-Phillips
Referee:Â Alex Chilowicz
AR1: Eric Weisbrod
AR2:Â Chris Elliott
4th: Silviu Petrescu
VAR: Sorin Stoica
AVAR: TJ Zablocki
Statistics are unofficial.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 21, 2021
- Nashville SC Watch Party and Gibson Guitar Riff off at Hard Rock Cafe on Saturday - Nashville SC
- Know Your Opponent: Rapids Look Ahead to Portland, Another Chance to Clinch Spot in Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- SEA 2026 Announces Executive Committee and Launches New Platform in Advance of FIFA's Official Visit on October 31 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 31 - MLS
- Rapids Defender Danny Wilson Named to MLS Team of the Week Bench - Colorado Rapids
- Kikanovic, Nathan Selected to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Christian Makoun Named to MLS Team of the WeekÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Five Points: Sweet SpotÃÂ - New York City FC
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: October 21, 2021 - New England Revolution
- CF Montréal Exercises Permanent Transfer Option for Joaquín Torres - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United and Audi Continue Shared Commitment to Sustainability with First-Of-Its-Kind Theme Match at Audi Field on October 27 - D.C. United
- Austin FC Falls 4-0 to San Jose Earthquakes - Austin FC
- Wondolowski scores 169th MLS goal in Dominating Win - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Fall to Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3-2 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- 'Caps jump into a playoff spot with come-from-behind victory in Portland - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Clinches Top-Four Seed in Western Conference with Road Point in Colorado - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Earn 3-0 Shutout Road Win over Houston Dynamo FC at PNC Stadium on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Draw 1-1 against Seattle to Extend Home Unbeaten Streak - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Maintains League's Longest Home Unbeaten Streak, Remains Second in Eastern Conference - Nashville SC
- Cristian Arango Hat Trick Leads LAFC Past Dallas - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 3-0 - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Joksan Redona as the Club Newest eMLS Athlete
- Back-To-Back MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS Best XI Selection Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Friendly
- Nashville Soccer Club's Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Named to the 2021 MLS Best XI
- Nashville Soccer Club's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year for Second Consecutive Season
- Nashville SC Signs Partnership with Transcard, Including Transcard Terrace at Nashville SC Stadium