Coyotes And Dillas Suspended
Amarillo, Texas- The Edinburg Coyotes will have to wait another day to finish Game 3 of a three-game series against the Amarillo Dillas due to negative weather conditions Sunday night at the Dilla Rilla.
The Edinburg Coyotes were leading 6-4 and only needed one out to complete the game but the rain came down hard in the bottom of the fifth and the game was suspended.
The game will finish when the Coyotes head back to Amarillo on Wednesday June 18 in which the game will continue in the bottom of the fifth with two outs and a Dillas' runner on first base. The game will start at 6:05 p.m. and will go to nine innings. The game scheduled for June 18 will still be played but will now be a seven inning game.
NOTE: Coyotes will be back in town on Tuesday to take on the Harlingen WhiteWings in Game 1 of a three-game series at 7:05 p.m. All ticket receipts will go to fund medical treatment for Lupita and Eduardo of Reynosa who suffer from a disease known as Epidermolysis Bullosa.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 25, 2008
- WhiteWings Score Early and Often to Win - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos Bats Can't Save Their Pitchers in Loss to Harlingen - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes And Dillas Suspended - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts Lose Lead, Series to Aces - San Angelo Colts
- Aces double up Colts - Alexandria Aces
- Colts rally past Aces - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edinburg Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners drop heart-breaker
- Roadrunners clinch second seed, homefield advantage
- Roadrunners snap 3-game skid
- Roadrunners drop series opener
- Roadrunners take opening game from Colts