Aces double up Colts
San Angelo, Texas - May 25, 2008 - The game did not start as it did Saturday. In that game, 11 runs were scored in the first inning. Sunday, Aces starter Alexis Sosa struck out the first three batters of the game. Palmer Karr Jr. started the Aces scoring with his second home run in as many days. The Colts came back after tying the game with three more runs in the fourth. Former Ace Tyrone Pendergrass gave the Colts a three-run lead with a two-run double to left. Trailing 5-3, The Aces scored five runs in the seventh. Patrick O'Sullivan hit his ninth homer of the year, a two-run shot to left. Madison Edwards followed going back-to-back with his second home run of the year. Aces starter Alexis Sosa was outstanding. He struck out eight in eight innings giving up five runs on nine hits. The Aces are off Monday but will return to Alexandria Tuesday to face the Laredo Broncos for a three-game series.
Next home game: Tuesday May 27th vs. Laredo. Wal-Mart Night. Free Admission.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 25, 2008
- WhiteWings Score Early and Often to Win - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos Bats Can't Save Their Pitchers in Loss to Harlingen - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes And Dillas Suspended - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts Lose Lead, Series to Aces - San Angelo Colts
- Aces double up Colts - Alexandria Aces
- Colts rally past Aces - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th