Coyotes Acquire Archibald and Maguire
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have acquired forward Josh Archibald and goaltender Sean Maguire from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for goaltender Michael Leighton. Archibald will report to the Coyotes later today.
"Josh is a player who is committed to winning," said Chayka. "We're happy to have him in our organization."
The 5-foot-10, 176-pound Archibald has played in three games with the Penguins this season and has recorded 1-2-3 and four penalty minutes (PIM) in six games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AHL). The 25-year-old native of Regina, SK scored three goals in 14 career NHL games with Pittsburgh. The 25-year-old Archibald has played in four career playoff games and won the 2017 Stanley Cup with the Penguins. Archibald was originally drafted by the Penguins in the sixth round (174th overall) in the 2011 Entry Draft.
The 6-foot-2, 202-pound Maguire has posted an 8-3-0 record with a .910 save percentage (SV%) and a 3.28 goals against average (GAA) with Wheeling (ECHL) this season. The 24-year-old Maguire has also played in four games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and has recorded a 1-1-0 record with a .924 SV% and a 2.19 GAA.
The 6-foot-3, 187-pound Leighton was assigned to the Tucson Roadrunners on December 14, 2017. Leighton did not play a game for the Roadrunners this season, but has registered a 1-1-2 record with a 3.40 goals against average (GAA) and an .869 save percentage (SV%) in five games with the Chicago Wolves (AHL). The 36-year-old native of Petrolia, ON native has also totaled a 3-3-2 record, 3.03 GAA and an .868 SV% in nine games with the Syracuse Crunch (AHL) in 2017-18.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 21, 2017
- Crunch Overpowered by Rocket, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Storm Back in Third to Top Wild In - Cleveland Monsters
- GAME RECAP: Checkers' Rally Falls Just Short against Bears - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Overpower Marlies - Utica Comets
- Weekend Slate Features Cooler Backpacks & Bomber Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Defenseman Jeff Schultz Named to 2017 Spengler Cup - San Diego Gulls
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Hit the Road for Three-In-Three Before Holiday Break - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Reassign Forward Michael Chaput to the Comets - Utica Comets
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson - Cleveland Monsters
- Winnipeg Jets Release - Jets Reading Takes Flight - Manitoba Moose
- Cullity Loaned to Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Get Tiffels and Wydo from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Condors Host Half Price Beer and Knit Cap Frenzy Before Holidays - Bakersfield Condors
- Coyotes Assign Strome to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Acquire Archibald and Maguire - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Weekly - Providence Bruins
- Rampage Recall Forward Thomas Frazee from Norfolk Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Kearns, Sutter Named Playing Captains for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Knockout Poker Tournament at Turning Stone Resort - Syracuse Crunch
- BLUE JACKETS ASSIGN LEFT WING TYLER MOTTE TO MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Sign Stuart Percy to AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- Comets Sign Forward Joel Lowry to PTO - Utica Comets
- Bridgeport faces Springfield and Hartford this weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Motte Earns First AHL Shutout in Iowa's 3-0 Win over Monsters - Iowa Wild
- Monsters Stymied by Wild - Cleveland Monsters
- Hyka Heads to Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Jarrett Burton and Jeff Taylor Return to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack Thunder - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners 2018-19 Opponents Announced
- Memorial Day Merchandise Sale Taking Place at Roadrunners Office
- Two-Goalie Tandem Significant in Roadrunners' Stable, Steadfast Approach
- Season Review: a Successful Second Year in Tucson
- Coyotes Sign Ullstrom to One-Year Contract