Cougars Announce Scouting Staff Additions
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars Hockey Club is pleased to announce several additions to the team's scouting department.
The Cougars have hired Leland Mack, Rob Rogers, Tim Mills and David Reekie, and have welcomed back Trevor Sprague.
"Scouting is the lifeblood of any organization in the Western Hockey League," said Cougars' Director of Scouting, Bob Simmonds. "We're excited to add experienced, well respected scouts who will serve the best interests of the organization."
Leland Mack is the Cougars' new Head Pacific Region Scout. Mack is a highly regarded coach in B.C. and is the Head Coach of the Burnaby Winter Club's Bantam Prep team in the Canadian Sport School Hockey League (CSSHL). Mack has an extensive background in the CSSHL, which will be his primary area of focus. He spent the last several years as a scout with the Seattle Thunderbirds and is an Assistant Coach with Team B.C.'s Male Under-16 program for the 2019 WHL Cup.
Rob Rogers comes to the Cougars after several years as a B.C. scout for the Spokane Chiefs. Rogers has had extensive involvement with B.C. Hockey and brings a wealth of B.C minor hockey knowledge to the Cougars. His scouting focus will be in B.C.
Tim Mills joins the Cougars as the team's Okanagan Scout. Mills was most recently a scout for the Swift Current Broncos, a position he held since 2013.
David Reekie, a former WHL goaltender with the Regina Pats and Everett Silvertips, will be the Cougars' Regina and Southern Saskatchewan Scout.
Trevor Sprague rejoins the Cougars as their Northern B.C. and BC Major Midget League (BCMML) scout. Sprague is the longtime Head Coach and now General Manager of the Cariboo Cougars in the BCMML. Under Sprague, the Cariboo Cougars have won three BCMML championships and the 2015 Mac's AAA Midget World Invitational Hockey Tournament. Sprague will greatly improve the Cougars' scouting footprint in Northern B.C.
These gentlemen join Senior Traveling Scout Ron Bonora, Southern Alberta Scout Lyle Feser, Saskatchewan & Manitoba Scout Brett Jarvis, Manitoba Scout Kirk McCuspey, Lower Mainland Scout Cole Todd and Arizona & U.S. Scout Rae Metz.
Join the Northern Uprising and take advantage of the best sports entertainment option in Northern B.C. Secure your seat today! Book an appointment to test drive your seats today by calling 250-596-9965 or visit our website www.pgcougars.com/season-memberships
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 30, 2019
- City of Calgary Votes to Proceed with Development of New Event Centre, Together with Calgary Sports and Entertainment and Calgary Stampede - Calgary Hitmen
- Silvertips Announce Full Promotional and Giveaway Schedule for the 2019-20 Season - Everett Silvertips
- Seth Jarvis to Compete for Team Canada - Portland Winterhawks
- Winnipeg ICE Forward Connor McClennon Named to Canada's Roster for 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup - Winnipeg Ice
- Adam Brown joins Hockey Canada's staff at Hlinka Gretzky Cup - Kelowna Rockets
- Hockey Canada Names Nine WHL Players to Roster for 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup - WHL
- Guhle, Wiesblatt Named to Hlinka Gretzky Cup Team - Prince Albert Raiders
- Justin Sourdif Named to Canada's Hlinka Gretzky Cup Roster - Vancouver Giants
- Jake Neighbours Named to Team Canada for 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup - Edmonton Oil Kings
- T-Birds Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Seattle Thunderbirds
- CHL Names Dan MacKenzie First Full-Time President - WHL
- Cougars Announce Scouting Staff Additions - Prince George Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.