Cordier Joins Bees, Starting Rotation
Burlington, IA (July 3, 2006) "" The Burlington Bees have received RHP Erik Cordier from the Idaho Falls Chukars, the Kansas City Royals short-season affiliate in the Pioneer League. In three starts with the Chukars this year, Cordier is 1-0 with a 3.38 ERA. In 16.1 innings, he allowed six runs on eleven hits while walking three and striking out 19. Cordier will move into the Bees' starting rotation and make his Midwest League debut on Thursday night against the Cedar Rapids Kernels at Veterans Memorial Stadium in the final of a four-game series. RH David Henninger, Thursday's scheduled starter, will move into a relief role.
The Royals drafted Cordier in the 2nd round of the 2004 draft out of Southern Door High School in Brussells, WI. He was 1st team All-State, Conference Player of the Year, and the Gatorade Wisconsin Player of the Year as a senior. He made his pro debut in the Arizona Rookie League in 2004 and was 2-4 with a 5.19 ERA in eleven starts. He missed all of last season with a knee injury.
With the addition of Cordier, the Bees active roster is now at 24 players. Cordier will wear #11 and Jeremy Jirschele will change his uniform to #23.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 3, 2006
- Devil Rays top Rattlers 5-4 - Southwest Michigan Devil Rays
- Chiefs support rehabbing Miller in rout of Clinton - Peoria Chiefs
- Hollimon's homers lead way in slugfest win over Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cougars walk away with win over Dragons - Kane County Cougars
- Clutch home run not enough for Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons lose error filled game 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Swing snap five-game skid with 6-1 win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Killer Bunnies Kernels hop on Bees 7-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rasmus promoted to Palm Beach - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cordier Joins Bees, Starting Rotation - Burlington Bees
- Brad Beck to Rancho, Mike Pete joins Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- No Mickey Mouse Night For Orlando - South Bend Silver Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.