Comets Russo Suspended One Game
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced that Utica Comets defenseman Robbie Russo has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a playoff game at Rochester on May 15.
Russo will miss Utica's playoff game tonight (May 17) at Rochester.
The Comets face off tonight inside Blue Cross Arena at 7:05 PM against Rochester down in the best of five series, two games to one. The deciding game five takes place, if necessary, Thursday at 7:00 PM inside the Adirondack Bank Center. For playoff ticket information, please visit uticacomets.com/playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 17, 2022
- Comets Double-Up Amerks to Force Decisive Game 5 - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Topped by Rocket, 3-2, in Game 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Force Deciding Game 5 with Win over Americans - Utica Comets
- The Best Inaugural Season Moments: Diwali Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Real Seafood Company Dinner to Benefit Griffins Youth Foundation - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Sign Brooklyn Kalmikov for 2022-23 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Tuesday, May 17 vs. Utica: North Division Semifinals - Game 4 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Russo Suspended One Game - Utica Comets
- Comets' Russo Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Checkers Eliminate Islanders - Bridgeport Islanders
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.