Checkers Eliminate Islanders
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Bridgeport Islanders fell to the Charlotte Checkers in Game 4 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals on Monday, ending their season with a 4-0 setback at Bojangles Coliseum.
Joey Daccord (3-1) made 23 saves for the Checkers, while Max McCormick scored three of Charlotte's four goals. The Checkers won the best-of-five series 3-1.
McCormick put Charlotte ahead just 61 seconds into the game with a short-side wrist shot that found the top right corner of the net. Zac Dalpe doubled the Checkers' advantage at the 18:21 mark, recording his fifth goal of the series on a backhand flip from the doorstep.
After a scoreless second period, McCormick added two empty-net goals in the final four minutes to seal the 4-0 outcome and send Charlotte to the next round.
Cory Schneider (3-3) made 30 saves on 32 shots.
Bridgeport finished the game 0-for-2 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill. Charlotte led in shots, 34-23.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 17, 2022
- Comets Double-Up Amerks to Force Decisive Game 5 - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Topped by Rocket, 3-2, in Game 5 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Force Deciding Game 5 with Win over Americans - Utica Comets
- The Best Inaugural Season Moments: Diwali Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Real Seafood Company Dinner to Benefit Griffins Youth Foundation - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Sign Brooklyn Kalmikov for 2022-23 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Tuesday, May 17 vs. Utica: North Division Semifinals - Game 4 - Rochester Americans
- Comets Russo Suspended One Game - Utica Comets
- Comets' Russo Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Checkers Eliminate Islanders - Bridgeport Islanders
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.