Collin Schuck Named Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
Boise, ID - Idaho Steelheads President Eric Trapp announced on Thursday that the Idaho Steelheads have hired Collin Schuck as the team's new Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations.
"I'm really excited to be in Boise and being part of a storied organization." said Schuck. "From the city of Boise to the exceptional people I've met with the Steelheads, there isn't a better place I could have landed to begin my professional career."
The 27-year-old Schuck is a native of Erial, New Jersey and a graduate of Ithaca College with a Bachelor of Arts & Journalism with a minor Sports Studies. He spent the 2017-18 season as the Director of Communications & Broadcasting with the Lincoln Stars of the USHL.
"We're excited to have Collin join our team." said Trapp. "We think he's going to be another in a long line of great broadcasters for our organization."
Schuck's began his play-by-play career in a fill-in capacity with the AHL's Binghamton Senators. His first full-time play-by-play job came with the Corpus Christ IceRays of the NAHL. He spent three seasons with the organization and was named the broadcaster for the 2017 NAHL Top Prospects Tournament.
"I'm really looking forward to integrating myself into the Boise and Steelheads communities and getting this season started." said Schuck. "I can't thank Eric Trapp and Brian McCormack enough for their help in making this a smooth transition and for the opportunity to continue my adventure to the Northwest."
He'll be the new "Voice of the Steelheads" on 1350 KTIK-AM, CableOne, and ECHL.TV.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 27, 2018
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Defenseman Jordon Southorn - Florida Everblades
- 2nd Annual "Tetrault vs Ferrara" Scrimmage Announced - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Captain Back for Ninth Season - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Announce 2018 Training Camp Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Sign First Goalie, Two Forwards - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Set to Open Training Camp Next Week - Allen Americans
- Adam Pleskach Returns for Sixth Season in Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Utah Grizzlies Face-Off Luncheon on October 10th - Utah Grizzlies
- Collin Schuck Named Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Acquire Jones from Maine - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Schedule Announced for ECHL.TV Showcase Game on Facebook Watch - ECHL
- Solar Bears Sign Forward Stefan Fournier - Orlando Solar Bears
- Chris Ballard Announced as the Voice of the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Everblades agree to terms with defenseman Olivier Dame-Malka - Florida Everblades
- Wings Announce Pair of Numbers to be Retired - Kalamazoo Wings
- Pair of IceMen Remain in NHL Camps - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.