Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: July 30 - August 3, 2019
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will travel to face the Houston Dynamo at BBVA Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 3. Beginning at 8:00 p.m. CT, the match will be broadcast live on ESPN+ and transmitted locally on Univision Radio WRTO AM 1200. The ESPN+ pregame show, presented by CIBC, will begin at 7:45 p.m. CT.
After playing seven matches in the month of July, the Fire enter Saturday's contest with 10 games remaining in the 2019 regular season. Most recently, the Men in Red earned a point in a 0-0 draw against D.C. United at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday, July 27, marking the team's fifth clean sheet of the season. Recently acquired defender Jonathan Bornstein made his Chicago Fire debut against D.C. United, starting and playing the full 90 minutes at left back.
Saturday's game will mark the first meeting between the Fire and the Dynamo in 2019. Entering the match, Houston (9-10-3, 30 points) has lost nine of its last 11 games across all competitions. Most recently, the Dynamo suffered a 1-0 home defeat to Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday, July 27. Overall, in 12 games played at BBVA Stadium, Houston has produced a 7-2-3 regular season record. The team's seven home wins are tied for the third-most in MLS this season.
Additionally, Saturday's game marks the last time Dynamo defender DaMarcus Beasley will suit up against his former club. The defender - who announced his decision to retire after the 2019 season - spent five seasons with the Fire (2000-04), recording 98 appearances and 14 goals. Beasley is the youngest player in Fire history to score a goal (18 yrs., 98 days) and to record an assist (18 yrs., 74 days).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 30, 2019
- Orlando City SC notches final Crossbar kick to win MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by Target - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Statement on Head Coach Mike Petke's Sanctions - Real Salt Lake
- Sanctions Announced for Real Salt Lake Head Coach Mike Petke - MLS
- Toronto FC Acquire Nicolas Benezet on Loan - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Announces Coaching Staff - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City SC Signs Uruguayan Midfielder Mauricio Pereyra - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Acquire Argentine Forward Andres Rios - San Jose Earthquakes
- A Guide to MLS All-Star Week for Nashville SC Fans - Nashville SC
- "Salute to Service" campaign kicks off ahead of August 17 game celebration - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer Establishes Player Engagement to Provide Pivotal Resources to Players at Every Stage of Their Careers - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Sign Goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau to a Contract Extension - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Army-Navy Cup VIII Returns to Talen Energy Stadium - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: July 30 - August 3, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 16-21
- Chicago Fire Blanks FC Dallas 4-0, Moves Within Two Points of Playoff Position
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announces Ownership Change and Relocation
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 9-14
- Chicago Fire Exchanges General Allocation Money (GAM) with Minnesota United FC