"Salute to Service" campaign kicks off ahead of August 17 game celebration
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati have kicked off a campaign to recognize and honor local first responders and military personnel, leading into the team's first "Salute to Service" celebration on Saturday, August 17 against New York City FC at Nippert Stadium.
Between Aug. 5 and Aug. 15, FC Cincinnati will visit Cincinnati-area police, fire and medical outposts to recognize and commend local first responders. Additionally, the club will conduct a special visit to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base just east of Dayton.
At the FCC game on Aug. 17, the Orange and Blue will offer a "Salute to Service" with a host of activities aimed at raising awareness of - and demonstrate appreciation for - the immense contributions of first responders and the military. Included among the game-day features are:
Special-edition pregame warm-up tops worn by both teams, which will also be available for sale beginning Aug. 1 at the FC Cincinnati Shop (43 East Fourth St.), through MLSStore.com, and other officially licensed retailers
FCC wearing white kits with special camouflaged numbers
The game's Color Guard will be staffed by representatives from multiple branches of the military and local first responders
A giant American flag will be pulled across the Nippert Stadium field by members of the military and first responders, who are attending the game through FC Cincinnati's donated staff tickets
A U.S. Air Force C130 transport plane will fly over Nippert Stadium during the National Anthem
Displays from local first responders and military will be out on Sheakley Lawn during pregame
"Salute to Service" Ticket Package
Additionally, FC Cincinnati are offering a special "Salute to Service" ticket package designated for first responders and military members. Each specially priced $15 ticket includes a reserved sideline ticket in the lower bowl, a pregame photo on the field and an exclusive postgame autograph session with FCC players.
Packages are available by calling the FCC Ticket Office at 513-977-5425 (KICK) or online at fccincinnati.com/salute.
FC Cincinnati returns to the field on Saturday, Aug. 3 when the team hosts Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Nippert Stadium. First kick is set for 8 p.m., and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com. Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 30, 2019
- Orlando City SC notches final Crossbar kick to win MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by Target - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Statement on Head Coach Mike Petke's Sanctions - Real Salt Lake
- Sanctions Announced for Real Salt Lake Head Coach Mike Petke - MLS
- Toronto FC Acquire Nicolas Benezet on Loan - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Announces Coaching Staff - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City SC Signs Uruguayan Midfielder Mauricio Pereyra - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Acquire Argentine Forward Andres Rios - San Jose Earthquakes
- A Guide to MLS All-Star Week for Nashville SC Fans - Nashville SC
- "Salute to Service" campaign kicks off ahead of August 17 game celebration - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer Establishes Player Engagement to Provide Pivotal Resources to Players at Every Stage of Their Careers - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Sign Goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau to a Contract Extension - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Army-Navy Cup VIII Returns to Talen Energy Stadium - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: July 30 - August 3, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Head Coach Ron Jans Resigns
- FC Cincinnati's 2020 promotional calendar, special ticket packages and Fan Fest announced
- Tomorrow's No-Fee Friday to celebrate the one-month countdown to FCC's 2020 home opener
- FC Cincinnati Season Kick-Off Event Set for March 4
- FC Cincinnati Re-Sign Midfielder Jimmy McLaughlin