Chicago Fire Soccer Club in the Community August 2 - August 8
CHICAGO, IL (August 2, 2010) - The Chicago Fire are participating in a series of community events across the Chicagoland area this week. Throughout the year, the Fire participate in hundreds of community events to work with youth, charities and other organizations to promote the game of soccer by advocating wellness, healthy lifestyle choices, physical activities and education.
This week's events feature Chicago Fire mascot Sparky at the 27th Annual National Night Out, a neighborhood event promoting police-community partnerships, on Aug. 3 in Bartlett. Sparky and his mascot friends will help celebrate Ozzie T. Cougar's birthday when the Kane County Cougars take on the Cedar Rapid Kernels at Elfstrom Stadium on Thursday, August 5th at 6:30 PM CT. Chicago Fire midfielder Peter Lowry will close out the last day of camp in style when he attends the Common Threads "World Festival Picnic" this Friday, August 6 from 12:45 - 2:15 PM CT.
Schedule of Community Events
27th Annual National Night Out - Bartlett
Who: Chicago Fire Mascot, Sparky
When: Tuesday, August 3; 6:30 - 8:00 PM
Where: 620 W. Stearns Road, Bartlett, IL 60103
What: Join the Chicago Fire Soccer Club on Tuesday, August 3rd for a special evening in Bartlett to celebrate America's 27th Annual Night Out Against Crime. The Village of Bartlett, Bartlett Police Department, Bartlett Park District, Bartlett Public Works, and Bartlett Fire Protection District have teamed up to host this unique crime and drug prevention event. The evening will include games for the whole family to enjoy, an appearance by Sparky, Free hot dogs, and several give-aways! Click here or visit www.nationaltownwatch.org for more information.
Ozzie T. Cougar's Birthday Bash
Who: Chicago Fire Mascot, Sparky
When: Thursday, August 5; 6:30 PM Game
Where: Elfstrom Stadium - 34W002 Cherry Lane, Geneva, IL 60134
What: Join Sparky and his mascot friends to help celebrate Ozzie T. Cougar's birthday during the Kane County Cougars vs. Cedar Rapid Kernels game on Thursday, August 5th. The game, which kicks off at 6:30 PM, will feature special events throughout the evening and end with a special fireworks show! Click here to purchase tickets or visit www.kccougars.com for more information!
Common Threads "World Festival Picnic"
Who: Chicago Fire Midfielder, Peter Lowry
When: Friday, August 6; 12:45 - 2:15 PM
Where: South Shore Cultural Center - 7059 South Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60649
What: Peter Lowry will be attending the Common Threads Summer Camp. The picnic celebrates the last day of camp and features performances by the campers, a picnic lunch made by the campers, activities, relay races and a beautiful celebration on Lake Michigan Visit www.commonthreads.org for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 2, 2010
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Travels to Toronto This Weekend After Victory Over Crew - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- New York Red Bulls Weekly Update - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Release Midfielder Javier Robles - San Jose Earthquakes
- Fire Ready for Eastern Conference Rival New York Red Bulls; Designated Players Prep for Toyota Park - Chicago Fire
- Midfielder Peter Vagenas Placed on Disabled List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wizards Look to Stay Hot - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Sign Rafael Marquez - New York Red Bulls
- Red Bulls Forward Juan Pablo Angel Wins MLS Player of the Week - New York Red Bulls
- New York Red Bulls Forward Juan Pablo Ángel Named MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club in the Community August 2 - August 8 - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Play Twice this Week - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Topple League Leading LA Galaxy 3-2 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club to Open Pop-Up Shop in the Wrigley Building on Michigan Avenue
- Chicago Fire to Participate in 2019 Carolina Challenge Cup in February
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Names Kyle Sheldon Senior Vice President, Marketing
- Nicolas Hasler, Yura Movsisyan Receive International Call-Ups
- Chicago Fire Defender Christian Dean Retires from Professional Soccer