Chicago Fire Sign Goalkeeper Alec Dufty
CHICAGO, IL (March 1, 2011) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced the signing of 23-year-old goalkeeper Alec Dufty today. The 6-5 'keeper has trained with the Fire since the onset of the club's preseason camp and will immediately be added to the roster. Per club and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Alec is a talented young goalkeeper with size and confidence in goal," said Fire Technical Director Frank Klopas. "He has the ability to grow as a 'keeper with the Fire and helps provide stability to our goalkeeping core."
Dufty joins the Fire after playing with USSF Div. 2 Pro side AC St. Louis, appearing in 30 matches over the course of the 2010 season. The Appalachian State University and University of Evansville product signed his first MLS deal with the New York Red Bulls in March of 2009, making his MLS debut against the Houston Dynamo one month later.
The Raleigh, N.C. raised goalkeeper spent three matches on the Fire's bench toward the end of the club's 2010 MLS campaign. In addition, Dufty spent two stints with the Columbus Crew in May 2009 and October 2010.
The Fire host Opening Day at TOYOTA PARK against Sporting Kansas City on Saturday, March 26 at 3:00 PM CT. Chicago Fire Season Tickets and single game tickets are available by calling 1-888-MLS-FIRE (657-3473), via Ticketmaster or by heading to the club's official website at Chicago-Fire.com . The Men in Red will begin their 14th MLS season during "First Kick" week when they travel to Dallas to challenge Brimstone Cup rivals and MLS Cup runners up FC Dallas at Pizza Hut Park on Saturday, March 19 at 7:30 PM CT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2011
- Chivas USA Falls to Canada Under-23 National Team in Preseason Friendly - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Waive Midfielder Tony Donatelli - San Jose Earthquakes
- Darlington Nagbe to Undergo Surgery to Repair Sports Hernia Friday - Portland Timbers
- Chivas USA Waives Defender Carlos Borja - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Beckham back with Galaxy after Spurs stint - LA Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Comply with MLS Roster Deadline - Philadelphia Union
- Red Bulls Add David Lee as Performance Analyst - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Signs Defender Chris Korb - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Waive Conor Chinn and Irving Garcia - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Sign Steven Emory and Mike Holody - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Sign Goalkeeper Alec Dufty - Chicago Fire
- Chivas USA Acquires Argentine Forward Marcos Mondaini on Loan - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting Kansas City Signs Three to MLS Contracts - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Sign Second Round SuperDraft Pick Anthony Ampaipitakwong - San Jose Earthquakes
- Midfielder Jack Jewsbury Traded to Portland Timbers - Sporting Kansas City
- Altitude Announces 2011 Rapids Broadcast Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Jack Jewsbury from Sporting Kansas City - Portland Timbers
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Being a Whitecaps FC Fan Just Got Better with Bell - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire's Gabriel Slonina, Allan Rodriguez Called Up to U-15 U.S. Boys' National Team for 2019 Torneo Delle Nazioni
- Chicago Fire Academy Goalkeeper Damian Las Called up to U-17 U.S. Men's National Team for 2019 CONCACAF U-17 Championship
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 21, 2019
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 15, 2019