Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 7-13
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will play its final match in the first phase of the continuation of play on Saturday, Sept. 12, hosting Columbus Crew SC at Soldier Field. The match will begin at 2:30 p.m. CT and will be nationally televised live on Univision and TUDN and transmitted locally in Spanish on 105.1 WOJO-HD2. The match will also be streamed in English on the @TUDNUSA Twitter handle.
Saturday's game will mark the first time the Fire (2-6-2, 8 points) has played back-to-back home games in 2020. Chicago recently played its second home game of the season on Sept. 6, falling 2-1 to the New England Revolution despite dominating in shots (17-9) and possession (62%-38%).
Entering Saturday's contest, the Fire lead the all-time head-to-head regular season series with Columbus with a 26-20-21 record, including a 16-6-12 home record. Additionally, Chicago is unbeaten in its last six home games (2-0-4) against Crew SC, dating back to March 19, 2016. Saturday's match will mark the second meeting between the two teams in 2020. The Fire previously faced Columbus at MAPFRE Stadium on Aug. 20, falling 3-0 in its first match of the continuation of play.
Sitting in first place in the Eastern Conference, Columbus (7-1-2, 23 points) enters Saturday's game riding a three-match unbeaten streak (2-0-1). Columbus recently secured a 3-0 win over FC Cincinnati in the Hell is Real Derby on Sept. 6. Forward Gyasi Zardes, who scored a brace in the derby win, leads the team in goals scored with seven.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 7, 2020
- Atlanta United Transfers Gonzalo "PityÃ¢ÂÂ Martinez to Al-Nassr FC - Atlanta United FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 7, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 7-13 - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 7, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Drops Home Fixture to Cascadia Rival Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 3, LAFC 0 - Sunday, September 6, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Defeat Seattle Sounders FC 2-1 at Centurylink Field - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Falls 3-0 to Rival Galaxy Sunday Night at Dignity Health Sports Park - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC's Unbeaten Run Continues with Scoreless Draw against Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Draws Nashville SC 0-0 at Home - Inter Miami CF
- Loons Dominate at Home in 4-0 Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Successfully Appeal Defender Francisco Calvo's Suspension
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 26 Ã¢ÂÂ November 1
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games, Draw New York Red Bulls 2-2
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4