FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 7, 2020
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are preparing for their upcoming match against New York City FC at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, Sept. 12. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (2-5-3, 9 pts.) enter the week following a 3-0 loss to Columbus Crew SC (7-1-2, 23 pts.) on Sunday, Sept. 6. Defender Kendall Waston made his 150th career MLS regular-season appearance in the match.
New York City FC (4-5-1, 13 pts.) open the week after playing D.C. United (2-4-4, 10 pts.) to a scoreless draw on Sunday, Sept. 6. NYCFC are currently in the midst of a four-match unbeaten run.
Head coach Jaap Stam and a to be determined player will be available to preview the upcoming match against New York City FC via a video conference call on Thursday. The call will be webinar-style call, and recordings in both video and audio formats will be distributed for use shortly after conclusion of the call. Registration information is available below.
Waston makes 150th career MLS regular-season appearance
Defender Kendall Waston made his 150th career MLS appearance in FC Cincinnati's match at Columbus Crew SC on Sunday, Sept. 6 ... FC Cincinnati's captain has made 10 appearances, all starts, for the Orange and Blue this season and has twice been named to the MLS Team of the Week ... 35 of Waston's 150 regular-season appearances have come with FC Cincinnati
FCC post second 250-minute shutout streak of season
FC Cincinnati ensured their second shutout streak of more than 250 minutes at Columbus ... the Orange and Blue played 255 MLS regular-season minutes from Aug. 25 through Sept. 6 without conceding a goal, until Crew SC's Pedro Santos tallied in the 52nd minute ... the Orange and Blue played 302 consecutive minutes without conceding a goal from July 16 through Aug. 21
Amaya to miss match at NYCFC
FCC midfielder Frankie Amaya will be unavailable for selection in FCC's match at New York City FC on Sept. 12 due to yellow-card accumulation ... Amaya registered his fifth yellow card of the season for a foul in the 39th minute at Columbus ... the midfielder is FC Cincinnati's first player to be unavailable for a match this season because of yellow-card accumulation
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 7, 2020
- Atlanta United Transfers Gonzalo "PityÃ¢ÂÂ Martinez to Al-Nassr FC - Atlanta United FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 7, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 7-13 - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 7, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Drops Home Fixture to Cascadia Rival Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 3, LAFC 0 - Sunday, September 6, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Defeat Seattle Sounders FC 2-1 at Centurylink Field - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Falls 3-0 to Rival Galaxy Sunday Night at Dignity Health Sports Park - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC's Unbeaten Run Continues with Scoreless Draw against Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Draws Nashville SC 0-0 at Home - Inter Miami CF
- Loons Dominate at Home in 4-0 Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Minnesota United FC Tops FC Cincinnati 1-0
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player