Chicago Fire, Chicago Red Stars to Host April 20 Doubleheader at SeatGeek Stadium
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced today that it will host a doubleheader with National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) side Chicago Red Stars at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday, April 20. The doubleheader matchday will feature the Fire taking on the Colorado Rapids at Noon CT, followed by the Red Stars contest against Portland Thorns FC at 2:30 p.m. CT. The 2019 doubleheader marks the fourth year the Fire and Red Stars have held back-to-back matches at SeatGeek Stadium.
All tickets purchased for the Men in Red's home match against the Rapids will also include a general admission ticket for the Red Stars game against Thorns FC. Tickets for the doubleheader are currently available by calling 888-MLS-FIRE or by visiting SeatGeek.com.
Fans wishing to make use of the Pub to Pitch bus program for the Chicago Fire match are invited to also stay for the ensuing Red Stars contest. The bus carrying riders from Fado and Cleo's will return to those respective pubs following the conclusion of the Fire match. The bus carrying riders from The Globe and Pub 97 will return to those pubs following the Red Stars contest. Pub to Pitch riders on either bus who would like to stay for the Red Stars game MUST RSVP for the return bus back to Chicago by emailing [email protected] by Wednesday, April 17th. The bus will depart 20 minutes after the final whistle of each match.
Chicago Fire season ticket members may purchase Pub to Pitch tickets. Additionally, non-season ticket members may purchase Pub to Pitch tickets.
The Men in Red will begin the 2019 MLS season with an away match against the LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:00 p.m. CT. The Fire's 2019 home opener will take place the following weekend when the team hosts Orlando City SC at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday, March 9, beginning at 12:00 p.m. CT.
Tickets for the Chicago Fire's 2019 home regular season matches are currently available for purchase by visiting www.chicago-fire.com/tickets. The Fire are currently offering single-game tickets, group and flex plans and 2019 season tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2019
- LAFC Signs Three Players Ahead of 2019 Season - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Announce #Since96 Week Programming in Buildup to 2019 Opening Match on March 2 - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Announces Justin Sutherland as Official Culinary Consultant - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2019 #MLSisBack Week Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Anatole Abang to Nantong Zhiyun FC - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Promotes Ben Cross to First Team Assistant Coach - Columbus Crew SC
- Quakes, NBC Sports Bay Area & California Announce 2019 Local Broadcast Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Signs 2019 SuperDraft No. 4 Overall Pick Callum Montgomery - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Honor Houston's Past and Future with 2019 "Energy Kit" - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire, Chicago Red Stars to Host April 20 Doubleheader at SeatGeek Stadium - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Fall to the Philadelphia Union 2-1 in Preseason Fixture - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Falls 2-0 to Club Nacional Wednesday Evening in Preseason International Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 19-25
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Five Games, Earn Hard-Fought Point Versus Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Launch First-Ever Virtual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser
- MLS Announces Postponement of Tonight's Chicago Fire FC at Minnesota United FC Match