LAFC Signs Three Players Ahead of 2019 Season
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today the signing of goalkeeper Phillip Ejimadu, defender Lamar Batista and forward Adrien Perez ahead of the 2019 MLS regular season campaign. Ejimadu will be added to LAFC's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).
"Phillip, Lamar and Adrien have all impressed during preseason and are well-deserving of an opportunity with LAFC," said General Manager and EVP of Soccer Operations John Thorrington. "We're excited to see how all three players fit into our group, and we look forward to seeing each of them develop and eventually reach their potential."
Ejimadu, 19, joins LAFC after spending the last five years with the youth teams at Brazilian side Nacional Atlético Clube. Born in Minneapolis, Minn., Ejimadu earned his first international call-up during the U-20 U.S. men's national team's 12-day international training camp in Spain in March 2018.
Batista, 20, played the past two seasons with Portland Timbers 2 of the USL. Last year, he helped Timbers 2 reach the postseason after tallying one goal and one assist in 22 appearances. In 2017, Batista was named No. 8 on the USL's 20 Under 20 list after playing in 20 matches (19 starts) in his first professional season. His only appearance for the Timbers came in the 2-1 loss in the fourth round of the 2017 U.S. Open Cup against the Seattle Sounders FC.
Prior to Timbers 2, the 6-foot-5 defender spent one collegiate season at UC Santa Barbara, earning 2016 Big West All-Freshman honors.
Perez, an Ontario, Calif. native, joins MLS following two years with the Ontario Fury of Major Arena Soccer League (MASL). This season, Perez tallied 20 goals and 5 assists in 10 games before joining LAFC's training camp in January. During the 2017-18 campaign, Perez was named to the All-Rookie team after notching 27 goals and 12 assists in 18 regular season games.
Before joining the Fury, the 23-year-old attacker spent four years at Loyola Marymount University, finishing his LMU career ranked fourth all-time with 21 goals in 63 matches.
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) signs goalkeeper Phillip Ejimadu, defender Lamar Batista and forward Adrien Perez. Ejimadu will be added to LAFC's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).
Full Name: Phillip Ejimadu (Eh-gee-mah-doo)
Weight: 215 lbs.
Birthplace: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Last Club: Nacional Atlético Clube
Citizenship: United States, Nigeria, Brazil
Full Name: Lamar Batista
Weight: 180 lbs.
Birthplace: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Last Club: Portland Timbers 2
Citizenship: United States
Full Name: Adrien Perez
Weight: 170 lbs.
Birthplace: Ontario, California
Last Club: Ontario Fury (MASL)
Citizenship: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2019
- LAFC Signs Three Players Ahead of 2019 Season - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Announce #Since96 Week Programming in Buildup to 2019 Opening Match on March 2 - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Announces Justin Sutherland as Official Culinary Consultant - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2019 #MLSisBack Week Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Anatole Abang to Nantong Zhiyun FC - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Promotes Ben Cross to First Team Assistant Coach - Columbus Crew SC
- Quakes, NBC Sports Bay Area & California Announce 2019 Local Broadcast Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Signs 2019 SuperDraft No. 4 Overall Pick Callum Montgomery - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Honor Houston's Past and Future with 2019 "Energy Kit" - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire, Chicago Red Stars to Host April 20 Doubleheader at SeatGeek Stadium - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Fall to the Philadelphia Union 2-1 in Preseason Fixture - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Falls 2-0 to Club Nacional Wednesday Evening in Preseason International Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan
- LAFC Acquires U.S. International Forward Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake
- Bob Bradley to Receive Walt Chyzowych Fund's Lifetime Achievement Award
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Tigres UANL in 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Final
- LAFC Faces Tigres UANL Tomorrow in SCCL Finals