MNUFC Announces Justin Sutherland as Official Culinary Consultant
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Minnesota United today announced a partnership with rising culinary star Justin Sutherland to make Sutherland the Official Culinary Consultant at the team's new home, Allianz Field. The Saint Paul native and head of operations for the Madison Restaurant Group will provide insight, feedback and advice as MNUFC and food service partner Delaware North, led by Executive Chef Bill Van Stee, seek to provide a unique food experience to enhance the already unparalleled atmosphere of a Minnesota United game.
"Soccer is not just a sport, it's the world's game, and because of that, our goal at Allianz Field is to provide a food experience that can both satisfy and surprise our fans," said MNUFC CEO Chris Wright. "Justin's expertise and vision will be a tremendous asset for us as we put together a food experience that mixes international flavor with local restaurants and businesses while remaining dynamic and exciting from game to game."
"I am thrilled to join the team at Allianz Field and create a dining experience for the fans that truly represents the best of Saint Paul and the greater community," said Justin Sutherland. "I look forward to collaborating with the internal team and the entire community to showcase this incredible facility and dining opportunities."
About Justin Sutherland:
Justin Sutherland spent his childhood in the kitchen learning how to cook from his mother and grandmother. Growing up, his favorite TV Show was "Yan Can Cook" and on his fifth birthday, he asked for an Easy-Bake Oven bake. This early cooking experience and passion led to a career path that began at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Atlanta, Georgia. Upon graduation, he returned home to hone his skills in some of Minneapolis and Saint Paul's top restaurants, including Meritage and Brasserie Zentral. Sutherland is now a Managing Partner of Madison Restaurant Group and their eight restaurants in Saint Paul - PUBLIC kitchen + bar, Green Lantern Cocktails & Music, Handsome Hog, Eagle Street Grille, Ox Cart Ale House and Rooftop, Gray Duck Tavern and Fitzgerald's on Cathedral Hill. He is also Co-Owner and Executive Chef of Pearl and the Thief, which recently announced it will move from its current location in Stillwater to downtown Minneapolis. Justin recently competed and won on The Food Network's Iron Chef America, defeating Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli of Butter in Manhattan. After that victory, Justin was cast as one of the contestants on Bravo's Top Chef Season 16, currently airing every Thursday on Bravo. In January 2019, Justin was awarded Outstanding Chef at the Charlie Awards. Justin is fearless in his craft, dedicated to discipline and never settles for anything but the best.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 21, 2019
- LAFC Signs Three Players Ahead of 2019 Season - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Announce #Since96 Week Programming in Buildup to 2019 Opening Match on March 2 - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Announces Justin Sutherland as Official Culinary Consultant - Minnesota United FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2019 #MLSisBack Week Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Anatole Abang to Nantong Zhiyun FC - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Promotes Ben Cross to First Team Assistant Coach - Columbus Crew SC
- Quakes, NBC Sports Bay Area & California Announce 2019 Local Broadcast Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Signs 2019 SuperDraft No. 4 Overall Pick Callum Montgomery - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Honor Houston's Past and Future with 2019 "Energy Kit" - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire, Chicago Red Stars to Host April 20 Doubleheader at SeatGeek Stadium - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Fall to the Philadelphia Union 2-1 in Preseason Fixture - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Falls 2-0 to Club Nacional Wednesday Evening in Preseason International Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Signs MLS SuperDraft Pick Noah Billingsley
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Broadcast Schedule
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July,with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better
- Minnesota United Sign Defender Jose Aja
- MNUFC Signs Forwad Aaron Schoenfeld