Charge Outlast Lakers in OT
EL SEGUNDO, CA - The Canton Charge (9-14), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, defeated the South Bay Lakers (10-15), 122-115, in overtime at the UCLA Health Training Center on Saturday night. Canton will head home 2-1 after a week-long road trip.
Jaron Blossomgame paced Canton with 27 points on 11-of-17 shooting with seven rebounds in 35 minutes. Kobi Simmons netted 24 points and grabbed two steals in 35 minutes. Scoochie Smith came off the bench to provide 17 points, six boards and seven assists in 27 minutes. Levi Randolph scored 15 points and nabbed three steals in 33 minutes. Bonzie Colson had 10 points, eight rebounds, three steals and two blocks in 33 minutes on his 23rd birthday today.
The Lakers were led by Svi Mykhailiuk's game-high 29 points on 12-of-24 from the field in 35 minutes. Jemerrio Jones posted a double-double of 17 points and 13 boards in 21 minutes off the bench. Moritz Wagner added 17 points, nine rebounds and a pair of blocks in 29 minutes. Andre Ingram came off the bench to net 15 points on 5-of-8 from three point range in 21 minutes as tonight he became the NBA G League all-time games played leader after his 402nd appearance.
The Charge return home for a clash with the Northern Arizona Suns on Tuesday, January 15th at 7:00 p.m. (TV: Facebook Live; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 12, 2019
- Vipers Fall Short to Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bulls Fall 120-96 to Greensboro, Snapping Nine-Game Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Pushes Streak to Six with Win over Long Island - Capital City Go-Go
- Harvey's Three-Point Barrage Helps Hustle Hold off Texas - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Outrun Texas in Final Minutes - Texas Legends
- Charge Outlast Lakers in OT - Canton Charge
- South Bay Falls to Canton in Overtime - South Bay Lakers
- Skid over: Suns Race Past Red Claws to End Team's Longest Losing Streak - Northern Arizona Suns
- Suns Stun Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Delaware Blue Coats Introduce Team's New Mascot, 'Coaty' - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stockton Kings Reign over Sioux Falls Skyforce, 127-111 - Stockton Kings
- Spalding's Double-Double Not Enough Magic - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.