South Bay Falls to Canton in Overtime
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers dropped an overtime contest to the Canton Charge, 122-115, on Saturday night. Svi Mykhailiuk scored a game-high 29 points for South Bay (10-15) and Andre Ingram added 15 points off the bench in his record-setting 402nd career game. Jaron Blossomgame led the Charge (9-14) with 27 points.
The Lakers fell behind after one, 32-25, despite a combined 20 points from Mykhailiuk and Moe Wagner. Sir'Dominic Pointer led the Charge with nine points in the first. South Bay stormed back in the second quarter as Ingram scored nine points and Jemerrio Jones grabbed a 12-point 10-rebound double-double in the second frame alone. The Lakers went into the half with a 56-55 lead.
The Lakers maintained a slight lead through three, 87-85, as Mykhailiuk scored 10 more points in the third. Johnathan Williams scored eight points in the fourth, but 14 points from Kobi Simmons helped the Charge force overtime, with the two teams tied at 113. South Bay could only manage two points in overtime as the Charge ran away with the win.
Blossomgame's 27 points guided the Charge as all five Canton starters scored in double figures. Simmons added 24 points as Levi Randolph (15 points), Pointer (13 points) and Bonzie Colson (10 points) all contributed to the scoring load. Scoochie Smith finished with 17 points off the bench for Canton.
Mykhailiuk's 29 points paced South Bay as Wagner added 17 points, nine rebounds, five assists and two blocks. Ingram tallied 15 points on 5-8 from beyond the arc, while Jones scored a career-high 17 points with 13 rebounds. Travis Wear also scored in double figures for the Lakers with 13 points.
South Bay embarks on a two-game road trip that starts with a game against the Memphis Hustle on Tuesday, January 15 at 5:00pm PT from the Landers Center in Southaven, MS.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 12, 2019
- Vipers Fall Short to Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bulls Fall 120-96 to Greensboro, Snapping Nine-Game Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Pushes Streak to Six with Win over Long Island - Capital City Go-Go
- Harvey's Three-Point Barrage Helps Hustle Hold off Texas - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Outrun Texas in Final Minutes - Texas Legends
- Charge Outlast Lakers in OT - Canton Charge
- South Bay Falls to Canton in Overtime - South Bay Lakers
- Skid over: Suns Race Past Red Claws to End Team's Longest Losing Streak - Northern Arizona Suns
- Suns Stun Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Delaware Blue Coats Introduce Team's New Mascot, 'Coaty' - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stockton Kings Reign over Sioux Falls Skyforce, 127-111 - Stockton Kings
- Spalding's Double-Double Not Enough Magic - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.