Stockton Kings Reign over Sioux Falls Skyforce, 127-111
Stockton, Calif. - Tonight, the Stockton Kings (13-9), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, beat the Sioux Falls Skyforce (13-10), the NBA G League affiliate of the Miami Heat at the Stockton Arena. Stockton Kings guard Cameron Reynolds led both teams in scoring with 25 points to help the Kings get their 127-111, win over Sioux Falls.
In the first quarter, both teams competed in a shooting battle. Stockton shot six of eight from the three-point range. Skyforce forward DeAndre Liggins scored nine of his 12 points in the first quarter. In the first half, Skyforce's Liggins and guard Charles Cook posted 12 points each, and Stockton guard Kalin Lucas had 13 points. Stockton headed into the second half leading 65-54. Skyforce never led in the third quarter, the Kings were ahead by as much at 17 points. Reynolds scored 13 points to help Stockton keep the lead.
Stockton Center Daniel Ochefu posted a double-double tonight with 16 points, 10 rebounds, and three assists. Lucas posted 23 points, along with six assists. Reynolds scored 25 points on five of nine shooting from three-point range.
For the Skyforce, Cook in scoring with 23 points in 26 minutes played, center Emanuel Terry contributed with 18 points, six rebounds and two assists and guard Briante Weber came off the bench to score 17 points and had five rebounds.
The Stockton Kings have now won their last four home games.
The Stockton Kings will return to Stockton Arena on Sunday, January 13 to take on the Austin Spurs at 1 p.m. for Latino Heritage Night presented by Sprint. Local Latino-themed talent will take over the Stockton Arena. Fans will have the chance to bid on special game worn, theme jerseys. Proceeds with benefit the 1Million Project Foundation. Tickets for this game can be purchased at StocktonKings.com. This game can be viewed via Facebook Live. The Stockton Kings will then head on the road to Salt Lake City to face the Salt Lake City Stars on Wednesday, January 16 at 6p.m. This can be viewed via ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 12, 2019
- Vipers Fall Short to Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bulls Fall 120-96 to Greensboro, Snapping Nine-Game Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- Capital City Pushes Streak to Six with Win over Long Island - Capital City Go-Go
- Harvey's Three-Point Barrage Helps Hustle Hold off Texas - Memphis Hustle
- Hustle Outrun Texas in Final Minutes - Texas Legends
- Charge Outlast Lakers in OT - Canton Charge
- South Bay Falls to Canton in Overtime - South Bay Lakers
- Skid over: Suns Race Past Red Claws to End Team's Longest Losing Streak - Northern Arizona Suns
- Suns Stun Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Delaware Blue Coats Introduce Team's New Mascot, 'Coaty' - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stockton Kings Reign over Sioux Falls Skyforce, 127-111 - Stockton Kings
- Spalding's Double-Double Not Enough Magic - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings to Host Second Annual "Stuff the Bus" Supply Drive to Benefit Local Students
- Stockton Kings Announce Opening Night and Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Cody Demps and Matt Jones Join the 2019 G-League Elite Camp
- Women's History Month Spotlight: Katie Luhring
- Kings Recall Cody Demps and Caleb Swanigan from the Stockton Kings