Charge Fall Flat in Iowa
DES MOINES, IA - The Canton Charge (8-14), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, never led in a 116-101 defeat to the Iowa Wolves (9-16) at the Wells Fargo Arena on Wednesday night.
Bonzie Colson led Canton with 21 points on 8-of-13 shooting and a pair of blocks in 28 minutes. Kobi Simmons provided 20 points, nine boards and seven assists in 36 minutes for the Charge. Levi Randolph scored 19 points, grabbed six rebounds and dished out five assists in 32 minutes of relief. Sir'Dominic Pointer added 15 points, eight rebounds and two blocks in 26 minutes.
The Wolves led by as many as 21 points throughout the night thanks in part to the double-double of 20 points and 10 rebounds in 26 minutes on assignment from Thomas Welsh. Darius Johnson-Odom came off the bench for Iowa to score a game-high 26 points on 7-of-14 from the field and 10-of-12 from the foul line in 32 minutes. William Lee (10 points, 12 rebounds) and Jonathan Stark (11 points, 12 assists) both added double-doubles in the hosts' win.
The Charge finish their journey on the west coast with a visit to the South Bay Lakers on Saturday, January 9th at 8:00 p.m. (TV: Facebook Live). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 9, 2019
- Suns Drop Riveting Contest in Wisconsin - Northern Arizona Suns
- Wolves Down Charge at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Fall Flat in Iowa - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats' Third Straight Win Is Magic - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strong Defense Sends Oklahoma City over Austin - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fall to Skyforce for First Loss of 2019 - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Strong Defense Sends Oklahoma City over Austin - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.