Charge Comeback Falls Short
STOCKTON, CA - The Canton Charge (6-2), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, had their four-game win streak snapped at the hands of the Stockton Kings (5-3), 119-111, at the Stockton Arena on Tuesday night.
The Kings led wire-to-wire and by as many as 22 before Canton made a late push to get back in it. Trailing 98-76 and 9:57 left in the game, the Charge made a run by outscoring the hosts 30-12 over the next 8:55 to cut the deficit to 110-106. The Kings responded with a layup on the next possession to pad their advantage and would hold off the comeback attempt, improving to 2-0 all-time against the Charge.
Canton was led by a trio of 20+ point scorers, with Sheldon Mac scoring a team-high 25 points off the bench on 8-of-17 shooting with seven rebounds in 30 minutes. Malik Newman scored 18 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter, while Levi Randolph scored 13 in the third quarter and finished with 24 points as well. Sir'Dominic Pointer had an all-around effort of eight points, nine rebounds, three steals and three blocks. Tyler Cook added 10 points and seven boards in 27 minutes.
Stockton's Gabe Vincent poured in a game-high 33 points, including a huge third quarter where he scored 17 points on 5-of-6 from three-point range. Cody Demps scored 29 points with seven rebounds and five assists in 46 minutes. Kevin Young (17 points, 12 rebounds) and Isaiah Piñeiro (18 points, 11 rebounds) both posted double-doubles in the victory for the Kings.
The Charge will make their first-ever visit to the College Park Skyhawks for a back-to-back set of games beginning this Friday, November 29th at 7:00 p.m. For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com. or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 27, 2019
- Legends Hand Skyforce First Home Loss of the Season with 106-104 Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mathias Sinks Skyforce in Final Seconds - Texas Legends
- Greensboro Falls to Maine on Thanksgiving Eve - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Roast the Hawks on Thanksgiving Eve - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Re-Write Record Books in Win - Maine Red Claws
- Skyhawks Pick up First Win at Home - College Park Skyhawks
- College Park Skyhawks Announce Season of Giving Campaign - College Park Skyhawks
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle & Hounds Night on Saturday, November 30 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Hornets Assign Caleb Martin & Jalen McDaniels to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Canton Charge 119-111 to Remain Undefeated at Home - Stockton Kings
- Phoenix Recalls Jerome and Lecque from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Comeback Falls Short - Canton Charge
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Northern Arizona Suns Can't Stop Iowa Wolves in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.