Chambre Named USHL Goaltender of the Week
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Sioux Falls Stampede goaltender Michael Chambre has been named the United States Hockey League goaltender of the week after a weekend sweep against the Waterloo Black Hawks and Cedar Rapids RoughRiders.
Posting his third-straight win in the past three games, Chambre dominated over the Black Hawks during the Herd's 4-2 win in Waterloo, Iowa. He was able to prevent 92.6% of shots from finding the back of his net, saving 25-or-27 shots. This earned Chambre his sixth win of the season and moved the Stampede to 11-8-1-1 and gave them their second win against the Black Hawks this season.
On Saturday, Chambre earned a 1.00 goals-against average when he stopped 18-of-19 shots on goal against the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. His .947 save percentage helped the Herd to their 7-1 win over the RoughRiders, giving himself his seventh win and the Stampede its 12th. In total, Chambre earned a 1.50 goals-against average over the course of the two games and had a .935 save percentage, saving 43 shots versus the 46 that found their way to his net.
This season, Chambre has amassed 262 saves with 292 shots against and a 2.68 goals-against average. With this goals-against average, Chambre is in eighth place in the USHL among all goalies. He is also in the top 15 in the league for save percentage at 12th with an overall save percentage of .897.
The Herd is back in action at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center three times this week, starting with hosting the Sioux City Musketeers at 7:05 p.m. on Tuesday. On Friday, the team starts a series against the Muskegon Lumberjacks with Teddy Bear Toss night at 7:05 p.m. Fans are encouraged to bring in stuffed animals to toss onto the ice after the Herd scores its first goal. Following up Friday's fanfare is Saturday's Star Wars Night at 6:05 p.m. The team has a full slate of events planned that will be announced soon. Tickets for all of the Herd's home games are available on the Stampede website or in person at the Stampede office.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2023
- Ferkodic Named to Slovakia WJAC Roster - Lincoln Stars
- Major and Hagens Earn USHL Player of the Week Honors - Chicago Steel
- Chambre Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Major, Hagens and Chambre Selected for League Honors - USHL
- Geary, Rinzel on Preliminary National Roster - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Green Bay Faces Chicago in a Home and Home Series - Green Bay Gamblers
- Gamblers Sweep Tri-City - Green Bay Gamblers
- Bucs Blackout Dubuque - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Point Streak Continues for Hong, Caps Fall in Overtime 4-3 - Madison Capitols
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.