Captain Matt Moulson Returns for Third Season with Bears
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has re-signed forward Matt Moulson to a one-year, American Hockey League contract for the 2021-22 season.
Moulson, 37, returns for his third season with the Chocolate and White. The veteran of over 1,000 professional games was named Hershey's 44th captain in franchise history prior to the 2020-21 campaign after serving as an alternate captain the year prior. The native of North York, Ontario appeared in all 33 games for Hershey last season, finishing second on the team in goals (12) and points (24). His six power play goals tied for the team lead, and he appeared in his 400th AHL game on May 16. Moulson led the Bears to a North Division title, and Hershey won the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy as the AHL's regular season champion.
The 6-foot-1, 203-pound forward led the Bears in goals (22) and power play goals (11) during the 2019-20 campaign, playing in all 62 games before the season was cancelled. He scored twice in his 1,000th professional game on Jan. 24, 2020 at Springfield, and served as captain of the Eastern Conference at the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic in Ontario, California, leading the Atlantic Division to the All-Star Challenge title.
In total, Moulson has played in 400 AHL games for Manchester, Ontario, and Hershey, scoring 333 points (154g, 179a). In the National Hockey League, Moulson has played 650 games with Los Angeles, the New York Islanders, Buffalo, and Minnesota. Moulson scored 30 or more goals in three consecutive seasons with the Islanders in 2009-12, and in his NHL career, collected 369 points (173g, 193a). He was a finalist for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy in 2013 and served as an alternate captain for the Buffalo Sabres during the 2014-15 season.
The Bears open the 2021-22 season at GIANT Center versus the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday, October 16 at 7 p.m. Season Ticket Packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now featuring discounts and great benefits, with options ranging from Full Season Tickets to Flex-10 Plans. Further information may be found at HersheyBears.com/tickets/season-tickets.php.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 27, 2021
- Iowa Signs Defenseman Riese Zmolek to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Dakota Mermis to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forward Curtis Douglas - Toronto Marlies
- Nick Lazor Hired as Texas Stars Equipment Manager - Texas Stars
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Forward Kyle Rau to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Group & Event Suite Packages Announced - Henderson Silver Knights
- Moose Re-Sign Forwards Maier and Jones - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa to Face Rockford in Two Preseason Games at Xtream Arena - Iowa Wild
- Captain Matt Moulson Returns for Third Season with Bears - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Announce Ticket Information, Key Promotional Dates for 2021-22 Season
- Bears Sign Goaltender Ryan Bednard to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Defenseman Jordan Subban to AHL Contract
- Scott Allen Named Head Coach of Hershey Bears, Steve Bergin Hired as Assistant Coach
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract