Capital City Go-Go Statement
Unfortunately, the impact of COVID-19 has forced the NBA G League to cancel the remainder of the regular season and playoffs to ensure the safety of our fans, players, staff and the general public. Although this was not an ideal ending to our season, the Capital City Go-Go, Monumental Sports and Entertainment and the NBA G League operate with the promise of safety at the forefront of its responsibilities.
The Go-Go would like to thank all fans for their continued support and patience during the 2019-20 regular season. Fans who purchased tickets to the final three Go-Go home games this season and have not been contacted or have questions should reach out to the ticket office at 202-864-4350 or [email protected]
In the meantime, we encourage you to visit NBA.com/gleague for the latest news, updates and interactive features to stay connected to the game, along with guidelines on how to keep yourself and your family safe and healthy. In addition, you can also reference our COVID-19 Hub on the Wizards website www.nba.com/wizards/coronavirus that provides resources about health & safety.
We hope we made you, the fans, proud on and off the court in our second season playing in Congress Heights. Our players and staff were engaged in the Ward 8 community, attending reading time outs at local schools, helping at D.C. Central Kitchen locations, and conducting food drives and giveaways at various locations in the District. We hosted several thousand children at each of our two Education Day games, helping to use basketball as a learning device for local students.
On the court, our team was in the middle of a playoff push and had cemented themselves as a talent developer for the Wizards, as seven different players spent time with each team this season. Capital City had won eight of its last 12 games before the hiatus under first-year head coach Ryan Richman and held a 22-21 overall record - tied for the final playoff spot with just seven games to play. With the 22-21 finish, the Go-Go became the second NBA G League expansion team since 2006 to finish with a .500 or better in each of its first two seasons.
Though our basketball season has come to an end, we will continue to work in our community this offseason. Our team, Monumental Sports and Entertainment, and the Monumental Sports and Entertainment Foundation are fully committed to supporting our neighbors in the DMV and using our platforms to bring our organization, fans and communities together.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience as we close out this season. We wish all of our fans safety and good health during these unprecedented times. We are grateful for your understanding and cannot wait to be back in front of you at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 4, 2020
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle Issues Statement - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19 - Stockton Kings
- Statement from the Salt Lake City Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Iowa Wolves
- NAZ Suns Release Statement on Cancellation of Season - Northern Arizona Suns
- Capital City Go-Go Statement - Capital City Go-Go
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Lakeland Magic
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Swarm Statement - Greensboro Swarm
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation - Canton Charge
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws on Cancellation of 2019-20 NBA G League Season - Maine Red Claws
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.