NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
The NBA G League announced today that all remaining games for the 2019-20 G League regular and post-season have been cancelled.
The Windy City Bulls played their final game of the shortened season on Tuesday, March 10 and two days later the NBA G League suspended the season due to the COVID19 Pandemic. Windy City finished the season with a 17-26 record overall and were led on the court by Two-Way Player Adam Mokoka (10.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.3 spg), Milton Doyle (17.5 ppg, 5.9 apg) and Simi Shittu (12.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg).
Off the court, the franchise enjoyed record-breaking attendance, including the largest crowd in Opening Night history, and an average of 2,690 fans which represented an 11% increase over the prior season.
Fans who are holding tickets that were purchased for any of the four cancelled Windy City Bulls home games on March 12, 20, 23 or 25 will receive direct communication from the team with information about refunds or credits towards tickets to games during the 2020-21 regular season.
Information about the 2020-21 Windy City regular season schedule will be announced at a later date and fans can stay up to date on all information by visiting WindyCityBulls.com and following Windy City on social media @windycitybulls. For information about the NBA G League, visit NBA.com/GLeague.
The Windy City Bulls are the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls and play their 24-game home schedule at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, IL. The 2020-21 season will be the franchise's fifth in the NBA G League.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 4, 2020
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle Issues Statement - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19 - Stockton Kings
- Statement from the Salt Lake City Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Iowa Wolves
- NAZ Suns Release Statement on Cancellation of Season - Northern Arizona Suns
- Capital City Go-Go Statement - Capital City Go-Go
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Lakeland Magic
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Swarm Statement - Greensboro Swarm
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation - Canton Charge
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws on Cancellation of 2019-20 NBA G League Season - Maine Celtics
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Awarded the 2019-20 NBA G League's Promotion of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112