Canucks Recall Brendan Gaunce and Andrey Pedan from the Comets
Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled centre Brendan Gaunce and defenceman Andrey Pedan from the AHL Utica Comets.
Gaunce, 21, has appeared in 43 games for Utica this season, where he currently ranks second among Comets skaters in points (33), first in goals (15) and ranks tied for fourth in assists (18). He made his NHL debut earlier this season on October 29th at Dallas and notched his first career goal the following night at Arizona. He has now appeared in six NHL games.
A native of Markham, Ontario, Gaunce was originally selected by Vancouver in the first round, 26th overall, at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Pedan, 22, has appeared in 42 games with Utica this season, where he has registered 20 points (6-14-20) and 83 penalty minutes. He has also appeared in three games for the Canucks this season where he has registered five penalty minutes. He made his NHL debut earlier this season on December 1st at Los Angeles. During the 2014.15 season, the 6'5", 217-pound defenceman appeared in 42 games with the Comets registering 14 points (3-11-14) and 70 penalty minutes. Prior to being acquired by Vancouver on November 25, 2014, Pedan played six games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, recording three assists and 51 penalty minutes.
A native of Moscow, Russia, Pedan was originally selected by the New York Islanders, 63rd overall, at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2016
- Checkers' Winning Streak Ends in Rockford - Charlotte Checkers
- IceCaps Provide Medical Update for Bournival, Crisp - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Announce Roster Move - Stockton Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Recall Brendan Gaunce and Andrey Pedan from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Pack 11-Game Winning Streak for Upcoming Texas Trip - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Kick off 4-Game Home Stand at PPL Center this Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rematch at the BMO for Rockford and Charlotte - Rockford IceHogs
- Kids Club Party Tonight; Los Condors Night Is Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Golf Night & Pucks 4 Paws Highlight Busy Weekend for the B-Sens - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Host Career and Networking Fair on Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Reign Return Home for $2 20oz. Brews and First-Ever 5K Fun Run - Ontario Reign
- Falcons Sign Fejes, Release Robinson - Springfield Falcons
- Canes Recall Trevor Carrick from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Reign Weekly: Reign Return Home for $2 20oz. Brews and First-Ever 5K Fun Run - Ontario Reign
- Weekly: Rowney and Kostopoulos Stay Hot for Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.