Rematch at the BMO for Rockford and Charlotte
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs (33-16-7-4) face the Charlotte Checkers (31-24-3-3) tonight at the BMO Harris Bank Center at 7 p.m. for an early St. Patty's Day celebration. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Those 21-and-older can get the holiday started early at the BMO with live music in the Blue Flame Lounge. Danny's Gone Rogue will be performing while guests enjoy drink specials and green beer in the Blue Flame Lounge all evening. Fans with a game ticket must enter through the upper-concourse level entrance on Elm St. near the box office. Doors open at 5:15 p.m. and only the first 150 will be permitted.
All fans in attendance will be able to enjoy $2 beers, sodas, hot dogs, and companion tickets. Oink Outfitters will also be joining in the celebration by selling special St. Hammy t-shirts and hats for $5 off.
This is not a Winning Weekday due to the game being the last weekday game of the regular season. Fans who were in attendance for the Tuesday, Mar. 8 victory over the Milwaukee Admirals will be able to redeem their ticket for one of equal or lesser value for the contest against the Checkers.
For tickets, purchase online at IceHogs.com, call (815) 968-5222, in person at the BMO?Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, or any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
The game will be broadcast on WIFR's "Justice Network" on 23.3 starting with IceHogs Warm Up at 6:30 p.m., as well as Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194 or Mediacom Channel 102 in the Rockford market, and online through AHLLive.com. Fans can also listen for free online at WXRX.com or by using the IceHogs mobile app. Follow along on Twitter (@goicehogs) for live updates throughout the game.
The IceHogs return to the BMO after being swept over the weekend by the Checkers at Bojangles' Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina. Rockford fell 6-3 on Saturday night, and 4-1 Sunday afternoon. After last week's games, Charlotte goaltender John Muse was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week. Muse stopped 50 of the 54 shots the IceHogs sent his way over the weekend, and also earned a 3-2 shootout win over Chicago on Thursday.
Although an offensively-challenging weekend, Tanner Kero came out with two goals and one assist being the only IceHogs player to touch the scoresheet in both games. Kero pulled off a feat no Checker was able to, despite the 10 goals and 10 assists the team accumulated over the weekend.
The IceHogs moved down to second place in the Central Division after being swept by Charlotte, combined with the Grand Rapids Griffins winning their weekend tilts to increase their win streak to 11-straight games. Rockford currently holds a win percentage of .642 and 77 points, while Grand Rapids has a .656 win percentage and 80 points.
NOTE: Due to election night, the block on Elm Street between S. Court and S. Church will be closed after 5 p.m.
Next Home Game: Saturday, Mar. 19 vs. Chicago Wolves at 7 p.m. The IceHogs return to the BMO for Country Night, 24 hours after facing the Wolves in Chicago. The band South 40 will be playing in the arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2016
- Checkers' Winning Streak Ends in Rockford - Charlotte Checkers
- IceCaps Provide Medical Update for Bournival, Crisp - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Announce Roster Move - Stockton Heat
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Recall Brendan Gaunce and Andrey Pedan from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Pack 11-Game Winning Streak for Upcoming Texas Trip - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Kick off 4-Game Home Stand at PPL Center this Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rematch at the BMO for Rockford and Charlotte - Rockford IceHogs
- Kids Club Party Tonight; Los Condors Night Is Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Golf Night & Pucks 4 Paws Highlight Busy Weekend for the B-Sens - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Host Career and Networking Fair on Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Reign Return Home for $2 20oz. Brews and First-Ever 5K Fun Run - Ontario Reign
- Falcons Sign Fejes, Release Robinson - Springfield Falcons
- Canes Recall Trevor Carrick from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Reign Weekly: Reign Return Home for $2 20oz. Brews and First-Ever 5K Fun Run - Ontario Reign
- Weekly: Rowney and Kostopoulos Stay Hot for Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E
- Rockford IceHogs & BMO Harris Bank Launch #BacktoSchoolwithBMO to Support Stateline Teachers
- IceHogs Add Scoring Touch in Forward Christopher Wilkie