'Canes Recall Gauthier from Charlotte
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has recalled forward Julien Gauthier from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Gauthier, 22, is looking to make his NHL debut after skating in all six preseason games for Carolina in 2019. The 6'4", 226-pound forward has scored a pair of goals in two AHL regular season games with the Checkers this season, after posting 41 points (27g, 14a) in 75 games with Charlotte in 2018-19. He added eight points (5g, 3a) in 17 AHL playoff games last season as the Checkers captured their first-ever Calder Cup championship. Gauthier has registered 68 points (45g, 23a) in 142 career AHL games with Charlotte. The Pointe-aux-Trembles, Que., native represented his home country at the 2016 and 2017 IIHF World Junior Championships, winning silver in 2017. Gauthier was drafted by the Hurricanes in the first round, 21st overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft.
The Hurricanes return to PNC Arena on Friday to host the New York Islanders at 7:30 p.m. For information about Hurricanes ticket packages, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2019
- Admirals to Televise Nine Games this Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Gauthier from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Kick off Home Schedule with Calendar Giveaway this Saturday at BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Bruins Assign Axel Andersson to QMJHL's Moncton Wildcats - Providence Bruins
- Comets Hot Rod to Tour Village of Clinton - Utica Comets
- Griffins Host Admirals in Home Opener, Travel to IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Chlapik Seeks to Remain Positive After Reassignment - Belleville Senators
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.