Bruins Assign Axel Andersson to QMJHL's Moncton Wildcats
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, October 9, that the team has assigned defenseman Axel Andersson to the Moncton Wildcats of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
"We are excited for Axel to be playing in Moncton of the QMJHL," said Sweeney. "John Torchetti and the Moncton Wildcats organization will provide Axel with the best development opportunity as he transitions to playing in North America."
Andersson was selected by Boston in the second round (57th overall) of the 2018 NHL Draft. The Järna, Sweden native spent the 2018-19 season playing with Södertälje SK in Hockey Allsvenskan, the second highest level of pro hockey in Sweden. Andersson recorded five assists during the 2018-19 season and finished with a plus-five rating, averaging 17 minutes of ice time per game. The 19-year-old also represented Sweden in seven games of international competition, scoring two goals and adding six assists for eight points.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2019
- Admirals to Televise Nine Games this Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Gauthier from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Kick off Home Schedule with Calendar Giveaway this Saturday at BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Bruins Assign Axel Andersson to QMJHL's Moncton Wildcats - Providence Bruins
- Comets Hot Rod to Tour Village of Clinton - Utica Comets
- Griffins Host Admirals in Home Opener, Travel to IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Chlapik Seeks to Remain Positive After Reassignment - Belleville Senators
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2