Canaries Snap RedHawks' Winning Streak in Extra Innings
FARGO, N.D. - The Sioux Falls Canaries (28-24) scored three runs in the top of the 11th inning on Wednesday night to beat the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (25-28) 4-1 and snapped the RedHawks' eight-game losing streak.
Both starters, the RedHawks' John Anderson (2-2, 2.66 ERA) and Sioux Falls' Tyler Herron (7-1, 4.60 ERA), held their opponents to just one run in long outings. Anderson gave up a run on six hits in 7.1 innings pitched and Herron limited the RedHawks to one unearned run on seven hits in 7.0 innings.
Tied 1-1 in the middle of the ninth inning, a 37-minute rain delay extended the evening for both teams before Damek Tomscha gave the Canaries their first lead of the night with a solo home run off Bret Helton (4-2, 3.63 ERA) in the 11th. Mike Hart tripled home two more insurance runs to give the Canaries a 4-1 lead.
Helton picked up the loss and Grady Wood (2-1, 4.35 ERA) earned the win for Sioux Falls. Keaton Steele picked up his 15th save of the season by finishing off the RedHawks in the bottom half of the 11th.
The RedHawks and Canaries will finish their three-game series at Newman Outdoor Field on Thursday night. RHP Bradin Hagens (3-3, 3.63 ERA) is scheduled to start for the RedHawks against RHP Eddie Medina (1-7, 7.46 ERA) for the Canaries. First pitch is slated for 7:02 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 3, 2020
- Goldeyes Defeat Dogs to Snap Streak - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Fall to Dogs in Slugfest - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Subdue Milkmen in Game Two Blowout - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Birds Win Extra-Inning Thriller in Fargo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Drop Opener to Dogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Canaries Snap RedHawks' Winning Streak in Extra Innings - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Ladendorf and Dugan Go Deep Twice as Dogs Edge Goldeyes - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- A Familiar Face Returns to the Rotation as Pitcher Tyler Herron Signs with the RedHawks
- Redhwaks Closer Blake Rogers' Contract Transferred to the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Newman Outdoor Field Resumes Full Capacity for All Events
- RedHawks Sweep Series against Cleburne with 6-3 Win
- Boxwell Walks It off against Railroaders