Canadiens Recall Beaulieu from Bulldogs
MONTREAL, QUEBEC - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Canadiens have recalled defenceman Nathan Beaulieu from the Bulldogs.
Beaulieu has split this season between Hamilton and Montreal. In 32 games with Hamilton, the 6'2", 194-pound defenceman has recorded 14 points (four goals, 10 assists) and 21 penalty minutes. In six games with Montreal, the Strathroy, Ontario native has recorded one assist and two penalty minutes. Beaulieu also split the 2012-2013 season between the Canadiens and Bulldogs. In 67 regular season games with Hamilton, the 21-year-old recorded 31 points (seven goals, 24 assists) and 63 penalty minutes. In six regular season games with Montreal, he recorded two assists and no penalty minutes. He was selected by the Canadiens in the first round (17th overall) in the 2011 National Hockey League Entry Draft.
Hamilton's next game is scheduled for Friday, January 24th, when they will host the Toronto Marlies (AHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs) at 7:30 p.m. at Copps Coliseum.
Hamilton Bulldogs flex tickets and group tickets are on sale now. Starting as low as $140 for a 10 pack, we have great packages available for you to enjoy more Hockey Unleashed! For more information, call 1-866-DOGS-TIX or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com. Single-game tickets are available at the Copps Coliseum FirstOntario Box Office, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1-866-DOGS-TIX or 905-529-8500.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2014
- Admirals Close Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Loss at Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Checkers Come Back, Top Norfolk in Shootout - Charlotte Checkers
- Barons Defeat Milwaukee 5-4 in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bears Post Exciting Comeback Win over Devils - Hershey Bears
- Devils Surrender Lead, Fall in SO - Albany Devils
- Strong Start Leads Penguins over Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers 5 Earn 5-1 Win over Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport Tops Wolf Pack 5-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Penguins 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Send Parent to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets end slide - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.