American Hockey League Announces Suspension
January 19, 2014 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced that Norfolk Admirals left wing Max Friberg has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Worcester on Jan. 17.
Friberg was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Friberg will miss Norfolk's game tonight (Jan. 19) at Charlotte.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2014
- Admirals Close Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Loss at Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Checkers Come Back, Top Norfolk in Shootout - Charlotte Checkers
- Barons Defeat Milwaukee 5-4 in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bears Post Exciting Comeback Win over Devils - Hershey Bears
- Devils Surrender Lead, Fall in SO - Albany Devils
- Strong Start Leads Penguins over Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers 5 Earn 5-1 Win over Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport Tops Wolf Pack 5-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Fall to Penguins 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Derek Smith to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Send Parent to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets end slide - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.