C.J. Ludwig Called-Up to Bridgeport Sound Tigers
INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday morning that defenseman C.J. Ludwig has been recalled to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers-the Mavs' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
Ludwig was originally assigned to the Mavericks by the Sound Tigers on Oct. 8, 2015 ahead of the Missouri's 2015-16 ECHL season. Through 37 games, he has tallied 2 goals and 2 assists for the Mavs and served 50 penalty minutes. This is his first call-up of the season.
On Jan. 23, 2016 C.J. Ludwig caused a stir at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena when he made a glass-shattering hit on Tulsa Oilers' Phil Brewer. Click here to watch the hit.
The Missouri Mavericks play their next game on the road, facing-off Friday evening against the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:00p.m. (CST). Tune-in to watch the action live through ECHL.TV-full season and single-game packages available. Download the Mavs free mobile app to listen to the live game broadcast. Available for Apple and Android devices.
The Mavs return to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena on Sunday, Mar. 28 when they are celebrating Racing Night! Cars from local speedways will be on display in the arena parking lot at 1:00p.m. before the 4:05p.m. game, and on the ice during second intermission! Valley Speedway will be giving away 2 season passes at the game during Chuck-A-Puck!
The first 2,000 fans in attendance will also receive the third and final set of trading cards from the Kansas City Hockey Heritage series-featuring players of note from KC hockey history.
Tickets for all Missouri Mavericks home games are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks Defenseman C.J. Ludwig
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 25, 2016
- Solar Bears Host 'Pack the Den' March 19 vs. Adirondack - Orlando Solar Bears
- Maxim Kitsyn, Scott Sabourin and Matt Leitner Headed to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - February 25 - ECHL
- Special "Playoff Push" Pricing for Prime Seats as Mallards Hit Stretch Run - Quad City Mallards
- Desrosiers Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- C.J. Ludwig Called-Up to Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- "Rush to Read" Concludes - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Bring Back Netminder Sean Bonar - Wichita Thunder
- Nolan and Hanson to be Inducted into Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame - Adirondack Thunder
- Preview: IceMen Host 'Pink the Rink Weekend' - Evansville IceMen
- Eagles Rally Past Aces 4-2 Wednesday - Alaska Aces
- Eagles Score Three Goals in Third to Defeat Alaska 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.