By the Numbers Powered by CDW: Nashville SC's 2022 Season
December 1, 2022 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Nashville SC News Release
Nashville SC completed its 2022 Major League Soccer campaign with impressive numbers.
The Boys in Gold set a club record with 13 wins this season, including a club-record four-match win streak in the process. Additionally, Hany Mukhtar won the Landon Donovan MLS MVP Award and the MLS Golden Boot with 23 goals.
There were also some impressive underlying numbers that led to the team's success. Take a look at those stats.
(All data via Second Spectrum)
Randall Leal: 8.6 Runs of 10-plus Yards With the Ball Per Match
Nashville SC's creator on the wings made a lot of long runs this season. In fact, his average of 8.6 runs of 10-plus yards per match is the most of any player on Nashville SC. Those runs helped him put up nine goal contributions on the season, including a long-range goal at Vancouver Whitecaps FC that started with a bounding run through the midfield.
Jacob Shaffelburg: 425 Average Sprinting Yards Per Match
The speedy Canadian made an instant impact in the Nashville SC lineup after being brought in on loan from Toronto FC. He scored a goal in his NSC debut on August 21 vs. FC Dallas. His pace and stamina helped overpower defenses. In fact, his 425 average sprinting yards per match is good for fifth-most in MLS.
Sean Davis: 49.5% of Match Time Jogging
Sean Davis became a key cog in the midfield this season for Nashville, playing 2,843 minutes in his first season with the club. His work rate is a big reason why. Davis maintained a jogging speed for nearly half of all of his minutes this season. That's the most of any Nashville SC player this season.
Hany Mukhtar: 32.9 Off Ball Runs Per Match
The MVP led the league in many categories, including goals (23) and goal contributions (34). But, how did he create all of those goals? One reason was his ability to make a run off the ball and get himself open. His average of 32.9 off ball runs per match leads all MLS players.
CJ Sapong: 57% Aerial Duel Win Rate, 24 Aerial Duels Leading to a Shot
The MLS veteran forward played a key role in Nashville SC's offense this year, but not in the way you might think. In fact, Sapong had the most aerial shot creation of any player in the league. He won 57% of his aerial duels this year, and among those wins, 24 of them led to a scoring chance for Nashville SC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 1, 2022
- Sounders FC Hosts USA vs. Netherlands FIFA World Cup Watch Party - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Academy Set to Participate in 2023 MLS NEXT Fest - Inter Miami CF
- Preview: NYCFC to Compete in MLS NEXT Fest - New York City FC
- Timbers Schedule Set for 2023 Coachella Valley Invitational in February - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy to Host 2022 FIFA World Cup Watch Party at Tom's Watch Bar - LA Galaxy
- NYCFC Announce Schedule for Preseason Matches at Second Annual Coachella Valley InvitationalÃÂ - New York City FC
- Colorado Rapids Decline the Option to Make Lucas Esteves' Loan a Permanent Transfer - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Announce 2023 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Charlotte FC to Compete in Second Annual Coachella Valley Invitational at Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA - Charlotte FC
- New York Red Bulls Set to Participate in Second Annual Coachella Valley Invitational - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Announce Full Schedule for Second Annual Coachella Valley Invitational at Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Confirm 2023 Coachella Valley Invitational Preseason Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce Schedule for Preseason Matches at Second Annual Coachella Valley Invitational - D.C. United
- FC Cincinnati Academy Set to Participate in MLS NEXT Fest - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Sign New York Native Curtis Ofori to Homegrown Deal - New York Red Bulls
- River Plate and C.F. Monterrey to Play January Friendly at Q2 Stadium - Austin FC
- By the Numbers Powered by CDW: Nashville SC's 2022 Season - Nashville SC
- MLS NEXT Fest Brings over 400 of North America's Top Youth Soccer Teams Together in One Location - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Update
- Nashville Soccer ClubÃÂ Falls 1-0 to FC Cincinnati
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls 1-0 to FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Hosts Rivals FC Cincinnati at GEODIS Park for the First Time
- Nashville Soccer Club Returns to GEODIS Park this Saturday to Take on Conference Rival FC Cincinnati