Bummer In Sioux Falls
The Waterloo Black Hawks were blitzed by the Sioux Falls Stampede 9-1 at Sioux Falls Arena Saturday.
Sioux Falls notched three in the first, five in the second, and one more in the third, benefitting from a dozen power play opportunities. The Stampede scored six times on the man-advantage. Matt Bailey and Matt Zarbo each scored a pair of goals for the home team.
The Black Hawks only goal was scored during one of just two Waterloo power plays awarded during the course of the evening. Jamie Hill slid a puck in from the front of the net after a redirection at 5:25 of the third.
Waterloo has a week to recover in preparation for their next home game, Friday, October 23rd against the Omaha Lancers at 7:05. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive the first installment of iWireless player cards. All college students can receive $5 tickets by presenting their valid student id.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2009
- U.S. National Under-18 Team Skates Past Bowling Green, 7-2 - U.S. National Team
- Bummer In Sioux Falls - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Phillippi, Lancers Blank Gamblers 5-0 - Omaha Lancers
- Lincoln Outlasts Phantoms, 7-6 In OT - Youngstown Phantoms
- U.S. National U17 Team Trimmed By Sioux City, 4-2 - U.S. National Team
- Countdown To Puck Drop: Phantoms At Lincoln - Youngstown Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.