Bulls Reach New Partnership with 99.9 FM The Fan
Durham, NC - The Durham Bulls today announced a new agreement with 99.9 FM the Fan, ESPN Radio, to carry all 144 Durham Bulls games on their analog or HD channel for the 2009 season. 99.9 FM, who like the Bulls is owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, carried weekend broadcasts for the Bulls in 2008.
"We are really happy to be working with one of our sister companies to bring Bulls Baseball to the fans," Durham Bulls General Manager Mike Birling said, "To be on the station that carries the Carolina Hurricanes as well as ESPN's great programming is truly an honor."
While 99.9 FM plans to carry as many Durham Bulls games as possible on their analog channel, there will be times when the station's prior commitments will push the Bulls' broadcast to their HD channel. Fans will be able to listen to the game with an HD radio or they can listen to the game online at www.durhambulls.com. The Bulls plan to make weekly announcements throughout the season regarding which station the games will be on that week.
"It is exciting for us to expand our partnership with the Durham Bulls," Dave Shore, program director for 99.9 FM the Fan said, "The Bulls have such a championship heritage in the triangle and have done such a great job of building quality talent. We are committed to bringing our listeners the best in sports and the Durham Bull's fan base is loyal, knowledgeable and passionate."
The Bulls will also carry a full television schedule in 2009. RTN, Time Warner Cable Channel 251 and another division of Capitol Broadcasting Company, will broadcast 56 Durham Bulls home games beginning on Friday, May 1st when the Bulls take on the Columbus Clippers at 7:05 PM. All 72 home games along with several road games will be webcast on Milb.tv.
The Bulls open the 2009 season at home against the Norfolk Tides on Thursday, April 9th at 7:05 PM. Tickets are available online at www.durhambulls.com or by phone at (919) 956-BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 1, 2009
- SWB Yankees Spring Fest - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Triple-A Team Snaps Skid with 3-1 Win - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indianapolis Takes Down Yanks 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Fall to Tides - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Go to Bat for Community - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons, Niese Shutout Redbirds, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Announce Economic Stimulus Promotions For 2009 - Rochester Red Wings
- Orioles Trade Hayden Penn To Marlins - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Reach New Partnership with 99.9 FM The Fan - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.