Orioles Trade Hayden Penn To Marlins
The Orioles today announced they have traded RHP HAYDEN PENN to the Florida Marlins in exchange for INF ROBERT ANDINO.
Penn reached the major leagues with the Orioles in 2005 and was 3-6 with a 9.31 ERA (58.0IP,60ER) in 14 major league starts for the Orioles from 2005-06. After making only 10 minor league starts in 2007, due to bone chips in his right elbow, he spent the 2008 season at Triple-A Norfolk, where he was 6-7 with a 4.79 ERA (99.2IP,53ER) in 21 starts.
Andino has spent parts of the last four seasons in the major leagues with the Marlins, compiling a .201 average (29-for-144) with two home runs and 12 RBI in 79 games. In 2008, Andino batted .206 (13-for-63) with two homers and nine RBI. Andino was originally selected by the Marlins in the second round of the 2002 First Year Player Draft.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 1, 2009
- SWB Yankees Spring Fest - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Triple-A Team Snaps Skid with 3-1 Win - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indianapolis Takes Down Yanks 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Fall to Tides - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Go to Bat for Community - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons, Niese Shutout Redbirds, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Announce Economic Stimulus Promotions For 2009 - Rochester Red Wings
- Orioles Trade Hayden Penn To Marlins - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Reach New Partnership with 99.9 FM The Fan - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.