Red Wings Fall to Tides
Ft. Myers, FL-The Rochester Red Wings continued their 15-game Spring Training schedule Wednesday, losing to the Baltimore Orioles Triple-A affiliate Norfolk Tides 4-3. With the loss the Red Wings spring training record falls to 3-9-1.
Twins RHP Scott Baker started for the Red Wings allowing just three hits while striking out four in 5.0 scoreless innings of work.
Red Wings RHP Kevin Mulvey (0-2) took the loss, allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out three in 4.0 innings of work.
First baseman Brock Peterson went 2-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI.
Infielder Matt Macri added two hits in the Red Wings 12-hit attack.
Norfolk 4 11 1
Rochester 3 12 0
The Red Wings continue their 15-game exhibition schedule Thursday with a 1:00 p.m. game vs. the Boston Red Sox Triple-A affiliate Pawtucket Red Sox in Ft. Myers.
The Red Wings 2009 home opener at Frontier Field is Saturday, April 11 vs. the Syracuse Chiefs at 1:35 p.m. 7,500 tickets have already been sold for the home opener.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 1, 2009
- SWB Yankees Spring Fest - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Triple-A Team Snaps Skid with 3-1 Win - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indianapolis Takes Down Yanks 3-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Fall to Tides - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Go to Bat for Community - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons, Niese Shutout Redbirds, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Red Wings Announce Economic Stimulus Promotions For 2009 - Rochester Red Wings
- Orioles Trade Hayden Penn To Marlins - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Reach New Partnership with 99.9 FM The Fan - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.