Bulldogs Drop Game 2 in Ottawa 5-2
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. The Bulldogs trail their 1st round playoff series with the 67's two-games-to-nothing after a 5-2 loss Sunday afternoon in Ottawa.
For the second game in a row, Hamilton played well in the 1st period, but special teams were the difference as Ottawa scored one goal short-handed and one on a power-play to take a 2-0 lead.
The Bulldogs got a big goal at 12:54 of the 2nd period as Matthew Strome (2) converted on the power-play, but the 67's responded with two quick goals, 29-seconds a part, to take a 4-1 lead after two periods.
Ottawa shut things down in the 3rd period and despite a nice effort from Isaac Nurse (1) late in the period, the 67's tacked on a power-play goal in the final minute to make the final 5-2.
1) Graeme Clarke (OTT) 2) Mitchell Hoelscher (OTT) 3) Cody Clark (OTT)
The series now shifts back to Hamilton for Games 3 and 4 Tuesday March 26th and Wednesday March 27th at FirstOntario Centre at 7pm.
For more information on Hamilton Bulldogs playoff tickets go to www.hamiltonbulldogs.com or call 905-529-8500.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2019
- Steelheads Come up Short in Game Three - Mississauga Steelheads
- Generals Roll, 8-2 - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Blank Spitfires to Take Game Two - London Knights
- Bulldogs Drop Game 2 in Ottawa 5-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- 67's Keep Bulldogs on Leash, Win 5-2 to Take 2-0 Series Lead - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Lose 7-0 in Game Two Versus the Storm - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Gens Take on Petes at Home Tonight in Game 2 at 6:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- Arizona Coyotes Sign Busby to ATO with Tucson - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.