Brule Selected To Play Russians
The Vancouver Giants are proud to announce 17-year-old forward GILBERT BRULE has been selected to play for TEAM WHL in the upcoming team 2004 ADT Canada Russia Challenge. This morning, the Western Hockey League added 7 players to TEAM WHL that will take part in the two-game series against a Russian select team December 1 in Red Deer, AB and December 2 in Lethbridge, AB. Injured Giants defenceman MARK FISTRIC was named to TEAM WHL last month.
This is a tremendous honour for Gilbert to be the youngest player in our league selected to play in this event, says Giants General Manager Scott Bonner. Hes had a great start to this season for our club and hopefully he has a good showing at this event next month.
Prior to the start of the Giants game Wednesday November 10 against the Seattle Thunderbirds (7:00pm), Brule will be presented with his TEAM WHL jersey.
Only those players eligible to play for Canada at the upcoming World Junior Championships will play for Team WHL this year. Last season, Giants forward ADAM COURCHAINE played in this event for Team WHL.
Brule currently leads the Giants in scoring with 8 goals, 18 assists, and 56 PIM. He is 2nd overall in WHL scoring and 1st overall in WHL assists.
For more information on todays Team WHL announcement, check out www.whl.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2004
- Silvertips Fall Short of a Win - Everett Silvertips
- Curtis Hunt Named To Team WHL Coaching Staff - Regina Pats
- WHL rounds out all star roster - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheats lose one, reassign another - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Klassen Named to Team WHL - Spokane Chiefs
- WHL Adds Remaining Players and Announces Assistant Coaches for TEAM WHL Roster - WHL
- Brule Selected To Play Russians - Vancouver Giants
- Simplot, Wheaties to salute Minor Hockey Week - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Ron Toigo to Receive BC Sports Hall of Fame's W.A.C. Bennett Award
- Giants to Wear 1946 Retro White Spot Jerseys on Legends Weekend
- Giants Fall 1-0 at Home to Prince George on Sunday
- Giants Earn a Hard-Fought 2-1 Win at Home over Prince George
- Giants to Honour Craig Cunningham on Sunday, December 2nd against Tri-City