Brother Act in American Airlines Alumni Game
Brotherly love, or perhaps sibling rivalry, will be part of the third annual Tulsa Oilers American Airlines Alumni game on Saturday August 28th at 7 p.m. at the Oilers Ice Center (64th and Mingo).
Butch and Klage Kaebel, who both played for the Oilers (and Butch later coached the Oilers) will play in the game. It will be the third year for Butch, and Klage's second alumni game. A third Kaebel brother, Karson-who also played for the Oilers-will not be in this year's American Airlines alumni game.
"We were on different teams last year, but hopefully I'll be on the same team as Butch this year," Klage said. "I had a blast. I thought it was fun and when you get into something like that, your competitive spirit rises up again."
Butch is currently a coach for the Ice Jets Academy in Grapevine, Tex. "The older brother usually has bragging right, but as you get older lose a little of that on the ice," he said with a laugh.
Tickets for the alumni game will be $10 for all general admission seats. Oiler season ticket holders will be admitted early to the Oilers Ice Center, for preferred choice of seats.
The Oilers had the second highest point total increase in the CHL last season under head coach Bruce Ramsay, who was in his first season with the Oilers. They will have 33 home games at the BOK Center in the 2010-11 season, starting on Friday October 15th against the Wichita Thunder Season tickets for 2010-11 with plans for as low as $26 a month are now available by calling the Oilers office at 918-632-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 16, 2010
- Sundogs Ink Point-Per-Game Forward Steve Kaye - Arizona Sundogs
- Team to Make Announcement, Introduce Defenseman Tyler Butler at Press Conference Wednesday at 2pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Announce 2010-11 Promotions; More Special Events - Quad City Mallards
- Brother Act in American Airlines Alumni Game - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Bugs to Face RiverKings Twice in Preseason - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks to Battle Bees in Pre-Season - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Re-Sign Sellan, Add Ruwe - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Announce Pre-Season Tilts, Training Camp - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Community Update - Laredo Bucks
- Bossier Broadcaster and New Knoxville Coach featured on Episode 11 of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.