RiverKings Announce Pre-Season Tilts, Training Camp
SOUTHAVEN, MS --- The Mississippi RiverKings of the Central Hockey League (CHL) today (August 16th, 2010) announced that they will host the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs in a pair of exhibition games prior to the start of the 2010-2011 regular season, part of a three-game pre-season schedule. The pair of games will be played the weekend before the season opener on Friday, October 15th in Bossier-Shreveport, and the home opener with the Mudbugs on Saturday, October 16th at the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven.
The first game against their long-time rivals from Louisiana will come on Saturday, October 9th at the DeSoto Civic Center, with a 6:05 PM start time. The two teams will have a re-match the following Sunday afternoon, October 10th, again at the DeSoto Civic Center, with a 3:05 PM start time.
The pair of pre-season contests will culminate the first week of practice for this year's version of the RiverKings, who will start training camp practices at the DeSoto Civic Center on Monday, October 4th at 10:00 AM. After the team's first practice skate on that date, the team will be involved in two-a-day workouts Tuesday through Friday at 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM (6:00 PM on Friday, October 8th) in preparation for their first pre-season meeting with the Mudbugs.
RiverKings Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin "Killer" Kaminski says pre-season practices will be open to the public.
The RiverKings will have a third pre-season game away from home this year, traveling to Evansville, Indiana for their first-ever meeting with the new Evansville IceMen in a 7:05 PM faceoff on Monday, October 11th, at the Swonder Ice Arena in Evansville.
Further information about tickets for the pre-season contests for the two home exhibition games will be released in the near future.
Season tickets are on sale for the upcoming season of RiverKings hockey, the team's 19th year of hometown professional hockey in the Mid-South. For more information, call the RiverKings at 662-342-1755 or go online to www.riverkings.com today!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 16, 2010
- Sundogs Ink Point-Per-Game Forward Steve Kaye - Arizona Sundogs
- Team to Make Announcement, Introduce Defenseman Tyler Butler at Press Conference Wednesday at 2pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Announce 2010-11 Promotions; More Special Events - Quad City Mallards
- Brother Act in American Airlines Alumni Game - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Bugs to Face RiverKings Twice in Preseason - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks to Battle Bees in Pre-Season - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Re-Sign Sellan, Add Ruwe - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Announce Pre-Season Tilts, Training Camp - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Community Update - Laredo Bucks
- Bossier Broadcaster and New Knoxville Coach featured on Episode 11 of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.