Sundogs Ink Point-Per-Game Forward Steve Kaye
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - Arizona Sundogs Head Coach and General Manager Marco Pietroniro announced today the team has signed forward Steve Kaye to its roster for the upcoming 2010-11 season.
Kaye, 31, has averaged a point per game or more throughout his entire amateur and seven-year European professional playing career.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound forward most recently skated with pro club Vipiteno of Italy's second league (Serie A2) last season, leading the team in scoring with 21 goals and 23 assists in 27 regular season contests. He added 16 points (5g/11a) in 10 postseason appearances.
"Steve has excelled offensively throughout his playing career both in college and in Europe," said Pietroniro. "We're excited for him to bring his talents back to North America and we expect his on-ice success to continue with our team."
Kaye played alongside recently-signed defenseman Mike Novosad in France's top league (Ligue Magnus) with Diables Noirs de Tours in 2008-09 tallying nine goals, 17 assists and 94 penalty minutes (PIM) in 25 contests.
During the 2006-07 season the Scarborough, Ontario, native recorded 31 points (12g/19a) and 56 PIM in 32 games while a member of Ritten-Renon of the Italian premier league (Serie A).
Prior to turning pro, Kaye played four seasons of collegiate hockey at Elmira College (NCAA) in upstate New York registering 123 points (50g/73a) and 96 PIM in 101 career games. He captained the squad his junior and senior years and his four shorthanded goals during the 2001-02 campaign rank ninth all-time in school history for a single season.
Players under contract with Arizona for the 2010-11 season include goaltender Doug Groenestege, forwards Joey Sides, Adam Smyth, Chase Watson and Kaye, and defensemen Tyler Butler and Mike Novosad.
The Sundogs will celebrate their fifth season in the Central Hockey League beginning this October at Tim's Toyota Center in Prescott Valley. Season ticket packages are available for as low as $295. For more information call (928) 759-6600 or visit www.arizonasundogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 16, 2010
- Sundogs Ink Point-Per-Game Forward Steve Kaye - Arizona Sundogs
- Team to Make Announcement, Introduce Defenseman Tyler Butler at Press Conference Wednesday at 2pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Announce 2010-11 Promotions; More Special Events - Quad City Mallards
- Brother Act in American Airlines Alumni Game - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Bugs to Face RiverKings Twice in Preseason - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks to Battle Bees in Pre-Season - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Re-Sign Sellan, Add Ruwe - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Announce Pre-Season Tilts, Training Camp - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Community Update - Laredo Bucks
- Bossier Broadcaster and New Knoxville Coach featured on Episode 11 of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.